PDA

View Full Version : How Will It Look?

Sid_Vicious
02-04-2004, 07:34 PM
I forgot and ledt a bridge head on a house cue where I play, it is the same Batman style the house uses, but on a cue with a tip instead of one of the ferulle-less cues. If and when I find it, how would you foresee my action of going and getting it from the table of players happening to be on that table, and removing it for my recovery???sid

Barbara
02-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Easy. Two ways.

If you know the owner really well and you trust him, call him up and say you left your bridge on a cue around table so-and-so and maybe he'll retrieve it and hold it for you.

If you don't know the owner that well or don't trust him, go back there as soon as you can and as you walk into the place, tell them what happened and go look for the bridge yourself.

Barbara

Frank_Glenn
02-04-2004, 08:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Easy. Two ways.

If you know the owner really well and you trust him, call him up and say you left your bridge on a cue around table so-and-so and maybe he'll retrieve it and hold it for you.

If you don't know the owner that well or don't trust him, go back there as soon as you can and as you walk into the place, tell them what happened and go look for the bridge yourself.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Find them another bridge to use and trade, explaining the problem. That should cause no problem for you.

woody_968
02-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Yup what Frank said, just take another one with you and tell them whats up. I cant imagine anyone giving you any flack over it.

tateuts
02-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Sid,

Well, if they're beginners, go up to them and say...

"You look like sporting gentlemen. I myself am a gambler as well. I would be willing to wager that I can beat each of you gentlemen at 8 ball for $50 a game. Since I am an experienced player, I'm going to make it a little more difficult on myself by playing with that bridge under your table instead of a cue stick!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris

Wally_in_Cincy
02-05-2004, 08:01 AM
you worry too much

cheesemouse
02-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Sid,

How about this. "Hello, my name is SID VICIOUS and this is my bridge thingee".....that might be effective... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Possibly true. I'll probably just buy another one.

Thank you for sharing.

Sid

Wally_in_Cincy
02-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Buy another one? Why?

Just tell the employees "That's my bridge head" and go get it.

At least 3 times I have left a sneaky pete in a tavern by accident. I just go in the next day and tell the bartender there's a cue on the wall that says "Mali" or whatever on the butt. I go over to the cues on the wall, find my cue, show it to him, drink a beer and tip him a buck. No big deal.

eg8r
02-05-2004, 09:00 AM
Should not be too bad as long as you bring a replacement house bridge with you when you walk up to their table and try to take theirs. I say, grab a bridge from an unused table and offer to switch with the one they are (not) using. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Tom_In_Cincy
02-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Wally wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
At least 3 times I have left a sneaky pete in a tavern by accident. I just go in the next day and tell the bartender there's a cue on the wall that says "Mali" or whatever on the butt. I go over to the cues on the wall, find my cue, show it to him, drink a beer and tip him a buck. No big deal. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally is being modest. This is a 'day after' routine to get out and have another beer (or two)

(Wally's got a dozen Sneaky Petes)

tateuts
02-05-2004, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I forgot and left a bridge head on a house cue where I play.... , If and when I find it, how would you foresee my action of going and getting it ..... and removing it for my recovery???sid <hr /></blockquote>

What kind of biker bars do you hang out at?

This is a bridge head at a bar, not an electric shaver at your ex's house. Hike up those britches and go and get it, my man! Geez.

Chris

Sid_Vicious
02-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Thing is Chris, the bridge head is one of two of the same type being used, both of which are getting to be in short numbers, plus this particular type is usually grabbed as a matter of preference by the gamblers up front. I can foresee myself confronting a money match in progress, walk up and try to interfere by absconding with their prize bridge(last in the house maybe) and raising some ruckus. It would be very simple if I had access to another just like it from another table, but odds are that this will be not the case. I also couldn't simply kill time until this play is over, they might play until midnight and it may only 7PM...sid