PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Jones on Mosconi Cup

dooziexx
02-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Its really painful to watch JJ play. After every shot he goes back to his corner, wipe his cue down, get more talc etc. I heard that he did the same thing during the US Open. Is this a tactic use to break his opponents rhythm or is it part of his pre pre-shot routine??

My personal hell would be an endless match between JJ and Archer..... oh the torture....

sigep1967
02-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Ha Ha I thought the same thing. I was wondering if his hands sweated that much. Sometimes he would wipe that cue stick off 3-4 times between shots. I guess I would be sweating too playing in something like that.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Somebody here said that yes his hands do sweat a lot. Plus the tv lights are very hot. He should find a good glove sponsor.....

cycopath
02-05-2004, 03:34 PM
He does seem to be a very sweaty guy... just like me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

At the end of the Open when they did the interview with him you could clearly see his head was covered in sweat. So I do think he has no choice but to wipe down his cue constantly. Or wear one of those faggoty gloves...

just kidding glove owners. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
02-05-2004, 04:53 PM
That was me Wally. I shook hands and reintroduced my self to him at the Open last year in the tournament room. This is the 2nd time we have met and been introduced. This time his hands were just as sweaty as the first. And this time was about 1 hour after his match ended and as anyone who has been to the Open knows, it is downright cold in that room.........mike

Sneakster
02-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Doesn't Jeanette Lee always wear a glove?

snipershot
02-06-2004, 08:25 PM
I also heard that jj sweats like crazy during his matches, he's taken alot of heat since the open for wiping his cue so much and has been accused of sharking his opponent. Anyone who has tried shooting with sweaty hands can understand his dilema.

UTAddb
02-06-2004, 08:48 PM
When I saw him play in person, he definitely didn't do it excessively. I didn't really notice that much.

Drake
02-08-2004, 12:38 PM
I have the DVD of the U.S. OPEN finals where Double J kill Parica. Yes, He does wipe down his cue a lot and it appears that he does sweat a lot. BUT, He can flat out play....He keeps Parica from having an open shot forever. I can see why he plays One pocket so well....He doesn't make any mistakes and controls the rock great.