PDA

View Full Version : get together in DFW

ceebee
02-05-2004, 02:40 PM
I'll be in the DFW area on Feb 13, 14 or 15. Fast Larry will be in the area too. Maybe we can throw a party.

Sid_Vicious
02-05-2004, 04:29 PM
What part of the area are you staying in during the visit? There is an equal chance I'll be in Austin that weekend, same equal chance that I'll be here in Dallas instead. Sounds like a fun idea...sid

Rod
02-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Maybe you could get lucky, I'm just sure SPetty would just love to meet Fast! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SPetty
02-05-2004, 06:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>I'm just sure SPetty would just love to meet Fast!<hr /></blockquote>Actually, I think that would be a blast!

I'd be happy to offer up PettyPoint Pool Hall and host a CCB gathering. If I recall correctly, that's the same weekend that poster MarkUrsel is going to be in town as well.

If it would help entice folks, ceebee is the guy that invented the BreakRak, and I bet we could talk him into bringing one to try out.

How 'bout it? Anyone interested? How about you Planoites? Arlingtonians? Houstonians? Austinites? Mansfielders? Oklahomers? Oklahomians? Oklahomites?

Sid_Vicious
02-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Ahem-Ahem-Ahem...is a jump-fool from McKinney not invited? sid

ryushen21
02-05-2004, 09:20 PM
My University (UT Arlington) is hosting our tournament that weekend. I'm sure my players wouldn't mind a getting a few tips from the guys here, if you wanted to stop by.

ceebee
02-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Fast Larry wrote &amp; said he thought a get-together would GREAT.... Somebody find a place &amp; time... Sat or Sun or BOTH

Sid_Vicious
02-06-2004, 08:25 AM
"Sat or Sun or BOTH"

I'm off Friday as well, but I am not much of a night person in case y'all are doing business during the day. SPetty's place is 5-star, and you can not find a more enjoyable host(imo)...sid~~~thinks both can mean ALL, lots of good affordable places to play

SPetty
02-06-2004, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> ...is a jump-fool from McKinney not invited?<hr /></blockquote>I tried and tried and couldn't remember your city - I even looked on Mapquest for it /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It's not really McKinney proper, is it?

SPetty~~~was hoping Plano was close enough...

SPetty
02-06-2004, 09:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> Fast Larry wrote &amp; said he thought a get-together would GREAT.... Somebody find a place &amp; time... Sat or Sun or BOTH <hr /></blockquote>I'm in!

Of course, I'd vote for PettyPoint Pool Hall. The equipment is top notch and the drinks are reasonable (you bring your own...) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll even feed you if you come out this way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or, we could meet in town where the equipment isn't kept as well, the drinks are pricy and you gotta buy food! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-06-2004, 09:50 AM
On the country edge near Princeton, but I still pay there stupid taxes! I'm like you, far enough out to invite players and not be over run. Nice living outta town's view huh...sid

MarkUrsel
02-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey, sounds good to me! I've got most of the day Sunday set aside to knock a few down and knock a few back.

Just give me directions to the world-famous PPH and count me in!

-- Mark

ceebee
02-06-2004, 04:06 PM
My friend John Parker of Auerbach Custom Cues might come, bring a few of his Beautiful Cues &amp; play some "One Pocket"

UTAddb
02-06-2004, 06:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> My University (UT Arlington) is hosting our tournament that weekend. I'm sure my players wouldn't mind a getting a few tips from the guys here, if you wanted to stop by. <hr /></blockquote>
Yeah, same here I have a tourney on valentine's day...I might be able to come the 13th or 15th though.

ceebee
02-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

preacherman
02-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I have personally meet "Fast Larry" many times.

I think you would all be in for a treat if you get to meet him.

He's a character (and you would be too, if you played pool as long as he has - LOL) but also a great friend, poolplayer and historian on the game of pool and billiards.

Jim "Preacherman"
jim@christianpoolplayers.com
www.christianpoolplayers.com (http://www.christianpoolplayers.com)

ceebee
02-08-2004, 10:38 AM
My University (UT Arlington) is hosting our tournament that weekend. I'm sure my players wouldn't mind a getting a few tips from the guys here, if you wanted to stop by.
unquote

RYUSHEN21 you have a PM

SPetty
02-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Holy cow! It looks like quite a party's shaping up!

UTAddb, I've added more newer music to the jukebox. Ryushen21, maybe you can catch a ride with UTAddb. Sid, of course you're welcome. Larry, please let me know when you'll be arriving. MarkUrsel, I look forward to meeting you. ceebee, thanks for getting this going. I think everyone has directions now.

Just to be clear, I don't know anything about Power Source Pool School. We're just getting together for some good pool playing time and camaraderie. Well, and maybe to learn some secret inside stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Max the Wonder Dog sure is a cutie, but I just don't think I can bring myself to agree to a fast moving 135 pound dog on my pool table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif But we'll have plenty of hot dogs for the humans!

You know, some of you out-of-town CCBers could use the Valentines Day weekend as an excuse for a quick trip to DFW, eh? Last minute air fares are always so cheap I've heard...

To those coming, don't forget my #1 rule - bring your own drinks!

(This is gonna be the best birthday party ever! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

UTAddb
02-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Now who wouldn't want a 135 lb dog running around on their beautiful diamond table? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Apparently it will only take 15 seconds!:D

eg8r
02-09-2004, 07:43 AM
I hope you guys have a great time. Wish I was still out there.

Will Rackmup show up and meet FL? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

OnePocketChamp
02-09-2004, 08:03 AM
This is begining to sound like the party not to miss, free pool on a Diamond table, free music on the juke box, free hot dogs, meeting some new ccber's and of course the appearance of the boards original "Bad Boy". How can a guy go wrong on this!!!!!

Rich R.
02-09-2004, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> To those coming, don't forget my #1 rule - bring your own drinks! <hr /></blockquote>
And rull #2 - bring some for your host and hostess, too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had to add my 2 pennies worth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Too bad Texas is so far away. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ceebee
02-10-2004, 07:37 PM
OK folks, have we gotten any kind of an itinerary going yet. Me &amp; my entourage will arrive Friday at or before 3:00 pm in Arlington at 360 &amp; I-20.

When &amp; where is the is the Pool Tournament at UTA in Arlington?

UTAddb
02-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Hey ceebee-the tourney is Sat. at 9am. The UTA campus is around cooper and Nedderman. If you know where Cooper is, it goes literally straight through the campus. Take the Cooper exit north off of I-20 which is west of 360. The Cooper exit is around Matlock and Bowen. Go down cooper for a five-10 minutes. Turn right on to Mitchell just before you go through campus. If you hit I-30 you have gone well past. After Mitchell take the 2nd or 3rd left turn on Pecan. Go a couple blocks until you see Arlington Hall on the left. Park right across the street from it (it's free!). Walk through the breezeway of Arlington Hall, go up the big ramp and you're there. The tourney will probably run well into the evening. It would be great if you could show up. I'll even be around friday afternoon if you want to knock some balls ($3 to play all day). /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif