PDA

View Full Version : My first post here

Catfish4U
02-05-2004, 05:34 PM
I just found this website today. I did a search and did not find this practice game listed. Please let me know if anyone knows of other practice games or links to other good billiards sites.

You rack ten balls and score the game like bowling. If you run all ten balls it is a strike. If you miss once it would be a spare. At first you may want to allocate yourself n amount of mulligans. You can decrease the mulligans as you get better. You are really an expert when you modify the game to require yourself to make the balls in order (1-10).

Thanks,

Jim

bigshooter
02-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Welcome aboard! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
02-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Sounds like you may be talking about Bowlliards (http://www.nmt.edu/~billiard/house_rules/bowlliards.html)

sandgnat
02-06-2004, 07:33 AM
This is the game I use to measure my progress over time since I started playing again about 2 months ago. I don't give myself any mulligans, however, because I want a totally accurate picture of how much better, if any, I am playing. I am seeing some progress, but slower than I anticipated. I play this game about 10 times per week now. Usually finish each practice session with 2 games.