PDA

View Full Version : Joey First update

Kato
02-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Some of you may recall my 16 year old friend Joey was hit by a drunk driver and in extremely critical condition.

His Dad pops into my office today and asks me to start looking into electric wheelchairs (I have a pool playing friend that owns a medical supply company). Well ok, no problem, he's lost a leg, he should have a wheelchair. Then his Dad tells me that they expect he'll be able to walk in 12 to 18 months /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif He's still got infection in the bones in his leg but he's off all the monitors and dyalisis machines.

Best news I've had all year. I'm proud of the kid, he's toughing it out, hanging strong.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
02-06-2004, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>...they expect he'll be able to walk in 12 to 18 months...<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-06-2004, 09:08 AM
That is great news. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Iowashark
02-06-2004, 11:30 AM
That's very good news Kato /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Losing a leg can be a very traumatizing experience, but even more so for someone so young as Joey. It's good to hear he's going to get through this, and so well. I wish him the best.

Ralph S.
02-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are positive for Joey.

Barbara
02-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Well, with the way prosthetics are going these days, if he did lose a leg they'll be able to fit him with a leg that he'll even be able to run with.

Glad to hear he pulled out of the hospital okay.

Barbara