View Full Version : Like hotrods and the sound of a reved up rat motor

nAz
02-06-2004, 12:49 PM
crank it up this coup sounds awesome
god i miss my old ride!!!!

http://members.chello.nl/~c.vandetillaart/videos/jimmywhitevideo.wmv

dg-in-centralpa
02-06-2004, 01:34 PM
I'm with you nAz. This baby sounds great. I got goose bumps thinking back to my hot rod days. Oh well.... all I have left are the memories and pictures.

DG - wants another toy again

nAz
02-07-2004, 01:09 PM
I have a 400 sb chevy 4 bolt main laying around all i need is a damn garage were i could build it up.

dg-in-centralpa
02-07-2004, 03:50 PM
I've got a garage. Now all we need is to find the right car. How about a '67 Nova SS?

DG - once rode in a Vega station wagon turned into a panel car and a built up 350 motor.

CarolNYC
02-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Hey Naz,
I thought I posted about going to Englishtown for funny car races and rails, but I cant find it-oh well!
Still looking for 67 GTO and 76 El Camino!
Carol:):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SPetty
02-08-2004, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Still looking for 67 GTO and 76 El Camino!<hr /></blockquote>Oh my god, I used to own a '76 El Camino! Don't tell me it was a collector's item - I sold it for $200! It was that weird green &amp; white color scheme...

Wally_in_Cincy
02-08-2004, 08:29 AM
What is it with these kids nowadays who take a Honda or a Neon and put a resonator on the tailpipe and think it's a hot-rod? If they had ever experienced the feel of a 4-barrel carb kicking in on a Pontiac or a Chevy they would realize their little sewing machines suck badly. Or a Ford police Interceptor 428. Or a 383 Road Runner.

I'm done /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally~~misses his 1970 Cutlass SX with 455 Rocket /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CarolNYC
02-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Spetty,
"You go through life winning every pool game with the help of others and you have to say "Thank you!Oh mY God,
"What a f$$cking nightmare!" ha ha ha
One day I'll find that El Camino-Im optimistic.ha ha ha
Carol:):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
02-09-2004, 10:18 AM
dude this is the body i would drop it in, 63 nova ss some might think it's a sled but i always loved the way it looked.

http://www.flamethrowers.com/Club%20Images/Clint%2063%20Nova%20SS.jpg

nAz
02-09-2004, 10:22 AM
carol did not se that post but i'm with ya one weekend this spring or summer, i have not been to atco raceway and englishtown raceways in a few years, not since i sold my 89 Trans am, god i miss that car!

nAz
02-09-2004, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> What is it with these kids nowadays who take a Honda or a Neon and put a resonator on the tailpipe and think it's a hot-rod? If they had ever experienced the feel of a 4-barrel carb kicking in on a Pontiac or a Chevy they would realize their little sewing machines suck badly. Or a Ford police Interceptor 428. Or a 383 Road Runner.

I'm done /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally~~misses his 1970 Cutlass SX with 455 Rocket /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Dude there is no substitute for a naturally aspirated big block or even small block, those small hi revving imports only go fast on a super charger and a big bottle of Nitro.

dg-in-centralpa
02-09-2004, 04:12 PM
nAz - a friend of mine just bought a 63 Nova SS, only his is a convertible. It's a project car that he's doing a frame off complete rebuild.

DG - just saw it Saturday night

nAz
02-09-2004, 09:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> nAz - a friend of mine just bought a 63 Nova SS, only his is a convertible. It's a project car that he's doing a frame off complete rebuild.

DG - just saw it Saturday night <hr /></blockquote>

NICE... you should try to get pictures of the progress, nothing like seeing a car get built up.