PDA

View Full Version : Comet Billiards, Parsippany NJ

Barbara
04-22-2002, 04:32 PM
Well that was another great pool hall and tournament! It's spacious with 20 tables and plenty of room between them. The owners are real sweethearts and wanted us back again this year, but our card is full /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif. And the ceilings are so high, the smoke gathered up there and I didn't come out smelling like a wet ashtray.

Ying-Ya Lin won 9-7 over Jennifer Barretta. It was a heartbreaker for Jennifer since she was basically leading most of the time. When "Bambi" (as Ying-Ya is nicknamed) caught Jennifer at 7-7, There was nothing Jennifer could do to stop her from winning the next two games. Jennifer's game is awesome now and I was really hoping she'd get to play in front of her hometown crowd. Ying-Ya has the charactistically smooth stroke of her fellow Taiwanese players. What is it? Do they have some Pool School over there that turns out great pool players in 2 years? And how do I enroll? I'm learning a new dance step this year. It's called the "Tourny Two-Step" /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif.

On an up note, Eric did hunt me down and intro'd himself to me! Another face matched to another CCB name!! Nice to meet you Eric! And you have a lovely daughter who's going to be vying for your pool time when she turns dating age. And I still think your're nuts for riding your bike in the rain. I did that once and it stung like heck.

Barbara~~~trying to get psyched for Vegas.... Wah!!

04-23-2002, 07:17 AM
Hey Barbara,

It was great meeting you, as well as Michaela, Carol and Jimmy- good to see you guys again! I'm glad I took the ride over to Comet. I can say this much, I love meeting people that have a love for life! I think partying with you guys(youse?) would be alot of fun. It's people like that make life interesting. I had to laugh: Jen Barretta shows us a news paper headline that says "Baretta pulled the trigger!" That's too funny! (Jimmy says she owns a health club and it shows) Oh, thanks for the compliment on my daughter. She seems to grow everytime I get her. Pretty soon she'll be the same age as me! And as far as her boyfriends, what, me worry? Chastity Belts have been aroud for about 800 years. Anyway, good meeting ya, looking forward to next time!

Eric > Vegas? Trying to get timeoff for good behavior first

04-23-2002, 07:37 AM
HELLO BARBARA,
I'M JUST WRITING 2 SAY THAT JENNIFER IS PLAYING SO WELL .BY WHAT I HEAR.AND WHAT IS POSTED .IT'S SO GOOD 2 HEAR THAT SOME BODY FOR BROADWAY BILLIARDS IS DOING SOMETHING GOOD 4 THE GAME . JUST TELL HER ART SAID HELLO.
THANKS.

04-23-2002, 09:34 AM
Are you the Art who moved down south with your girl (also Jennifer, right?) Hope all is good with you guys!

Jenn B

04-23-2002, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nineballbitch:</font><hr> Are you the Art who moved down south with your girl (also Jennifer, right?) Hope all is good with you guys!

Jenn B <hr></blockquote>

If so, Hi again. I hope you kept the newspaper!

Eric &gt;hope's the other 'Baretta' doesn't end up the same way

04-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Yep..we met this weekend. Nice bike.

Barbara
04-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Hey Jennifer!

I found those "Luna" bars at the supermarket yesterday. I got a bunch of them. You're right, they're awesome!!

Barbara

04-24-2002, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nineballbitch:</font><hr> Yep..we met this weekend. Nice bike. <hr></blockquote>

Thanks. Sorry we didn't have time to chat more, I guess you were playing and I was blabbing. Maybe next time.

Eric &gt;can talk the ear off a brass monkey

04-24-2002, 09:43 AM
YEP THAT IS ME CHILLING.THANK GOD SOME BODY KNOW ME OUT ON THIS THING .HOW'S MY OLD HOME TOWN DOING ?
AND WE ARE COMING UP TO SEE SOME PEOPLE AND PLAY SOME .SO LOOK OUT .ART IS COMMING 2 TOWN...