PDA

View Full Version : finally!!!

marek
02-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi people!
Its been a while......
I just returned home from Czech Republic straight pool nationals....and I am really happy to inform you that I advanced to the final! The final will be played on March 10th on the "Finals day". Pupils, juniors, men, women, 8ball, 9ball, straight pool, teams - only the very best 2 players from each category and discipline will be competing for the gold medal....and I AM amongs them! I feel really happy but i am too tired to celebrate...I just REALLY REALLY want to thank all the people who helped me to solve my problems with the technique and all the people who encouraged me on my journey to the pool stardom.. rich r.,cheesemouse, kato,wally in cincy, tom in cincy, fran crimi, david sapolis.. just to name few....thx people
I feel really happy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.s.: You should see my father....he is floating like a zeppelin all filled with pride! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesemouse
02-08-2004, 02:44 PM
marek,

<font color="red"> WAY TO GO MAN!!! </font color>

I think when you first show up on this board and introduced yourself we all kind of knew you were the genuine article....congradulations..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marek
02-08-2004, 03:12 PM
THX cheesemouse! you are always welcome! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
02-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Well alrighty then Marek. That is fantastic. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!

Kato

Dagwood
02-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Congratulations Marek, now when you go to play the finals, take charge of the table and don't let the other take it from you. Good luck, and go git'em!

Dags

woody_968
02-08-2004, 05:25 PM
WOW man that is awsome!

Keep up the good work, and take it to em in the finals.

Billy
02-08-2004, 05:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> Hi people!
Its been a while......
I just returned home from Czech Republic straight pool nationals....and I am really happy to inform you that I advanced to the final! The final will be played on March 10th on the "Finals day". Pupils, juniors, men, women, 8ball, 9ball, straight pool, teams - only the very best 2 players from each category and discipline will be competing for the gold medal....and I AM amongs them! I feel really happy but i am too tired to celebrate...I just REALLY REALLY want to thank all the people who helped me to solve my problems with the technique and all the people who encouraged me on my journey to the pool stardom.. rich r.,cheesemouse, kato,wally in cincy, tom in cincy, fran crimi, david sapolis.. just to name few....thx people
I feel really happy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.s.: You should see my father....he is floating like a zeppelin all filled with pride! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

fantastic but it's not over yet,keep pushin'

any journey starts with the first step

good luck in the finals

Ralph S.
02-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Good luck and wtg Marek. Hope you continue to do well.

CaptMorgan
02-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Good stuff man, I always like to see ppl doing well. Congrats!!

marek
02-09-2004, 04:20 AM
THX Kato!
you can bet I ll try as hard as I can....

marek
02-09-2004, 04:34 AM
THX Dagwood!
I will try to keep control of the table but it will be very hard. My opponent is both high run artist and great safety player + he really knows when to play offense and when to play defense. My only chance is to give him NO chance... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marek
02-09-2004, 04:36 AM
THX woody! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

marek
02-09-2004, 04:40 AM
THX billy!
I know its not over yet... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

marek
02-09-2004, 04:44 AM
THX captmorgan!
BTW nice picture of yours... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
02-09-2004, 04:46 AM
Way to go, Marek!!!!!!!!

Now, on to the finals and let them bad boys know who you are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marek
02-09-2004, 04:47 AM
THX Ralph!
BTW do you remember when you replied to my first post ever? I thought you were someone else...remember? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OnePocketChamp
02-09-2004, 07:24 AM
What a great time you are going to have and to have your Dad there just makes it more special---enjoy the moment whatever the outcome!!!! Everyone here on the board I am sure wish you a successful tournament and will be looking for your upcoming posts.

And the only advise this Texas boy can give you is "Don't carry a knife into a gun fight". In other words, get plenty of sleep the night before the match and be mentally ready when you step to the table.

Good luck!!!

marek
02-09-2004, 08:33 AM
THX!
I found out that I need to get plenty of sleep 3 days prior to competition to compete at full speed. Dont know why, maybe I am just getting older... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif But you can bet I will prepare for THE match to my very best. I am thrilled already just by thinking about the match! But I am afraid of one thing: there will be about 150 or so spectators and this will be completelly new experience for me so I dont know how this fact will influence my game. Can you tell me what it is like to play in front of a large crowd with every eye watching you?

Wally_in_Cincy
02-09-2004, 09:24 AM
marek,

you da' man /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You have already accomplished quite a lot by making it this far. If you go to the finals with the intent to have fun no matter the outcome you will do well.

Practice hard, have fun, and may all the rolls go your way,

Wally in Cincy

marek
02-09-2004, 10:17 AM
THX wally!
I really want to enjoy the finals and I hope I really will! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
P.s.: For those of you who are still wondering about my visage: http://snooker.aktualne.cz/includes/okno.php?foto=00005.jpg
Thats me at the snooker table during czech nationals where I finished second (third year in a row...) As snooker is NOT a game of a choice here that second place finish doesnt really tell much about quality of my snooker game... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif On the other hand the photo shows my pendullum stroke which is gooooooood... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stretch
02-09-2004, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> THX!
I found out that I need to get plenty of sleep 3 days prior to competition to compete at full speed. Dont know why, maybe I am just getting older... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif But you can bet I will prepare for THE match to my very best. I am thrilled already just by thinking about the match! But I am afraid of one thing: there will be about 150 or so spectators and this will be completelly new experience for me so I dont know how this fact will influence my game. Can you tell me what it is like to play in front of a large crowd with every eye watching you? <hr /></blockquote>

Use the crowds energy to focus your concentration, not to distract it. When the game is on you'll find that the crowd disappears because your world only exists between the cushions. Your opponent is also under the same pressure. Who deals with it the best has a great chance to get off to an early lead. That would be you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good luck, and congradulations on an already great tournament for you!

marek
02-09-2004, 10:35 AM
THX stretch!
It seems that the only way to find out is to live through the experience itself....maybe it is time to read chapter "The Crowd management" from Capelle s "Mind for pool". That chapter was quite useless for me until now.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marek
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Rich!
my opponent already knows who I am....but I will try to unleash hell on him so he would be scared and intimidated by my errorless game.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
02-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Yes Marek, I remember. That is one of my favorite stories from CCB. Ralf Souquet thought it was quite humorous too, when I told him the story of the mistaken identity. I had the opportunity to talk with him at the 2003 DCC. He is a very nice guy. Rather quiet and well reserved.

Rod
02-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Congratulations Marek and good luck in the finals! You've made a lot of progress in the last year or two. All of your hard work is starting to pay off. Your the one that deserves the credit for setting goals and sticking to them. That's not an easy task as you well know. Carry on.

Rod

marek
02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Yes Rod, its not easy task indeed...well..its much harder than I thought at first! But hey - no pain no gain! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Here I am and still kicking!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dagwood
02-09-2004, 10:47 PM
lol..if you're kicking in straight pool you're in trouble..lol. Good luck again in the finals!!

Dags

marek
02-10-2004, 05:21 AM
You are damn right dagwood! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif But I had to kick few times during nationals and all of those kicks were succesful. One of those won me my quarterfinal match as I was able to run the final rack thx to it! START(
%AD3X2%BI7M8%CJ9M2%DL1O8%EI9Q8%FI7O2%GI7P6%HJ9Q2%I E3Q0%JK3N8
%KJ9P0%LW3U6%NL7N4%PD5O9%UF3D4%VD3O9%YC7R5%ZF4C6%[D5V6%\C4S3
)END
Not an easy one to perform but I couldn see any good safety shot so I went for it and succeded. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dagwood
02-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Heck of a shot Marek...keep it up in the finals.

Dags

HOWARD
02-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Marek

Congratulations!
Remember Life is a journey, the tournament is just the next
step.

I can see why your Dad's buttons are popping off his shirt.

I am very happy to see you do what you have done and look forward to seeing what is next.

Best Regards,

Howard

marek
02-10-2004, 05:18 PM
THX Howard!
I feel quite overwhelmed by all those congratulations and good wishes..it almost makes me cry..I like you people........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif