PDA

View Full Version : Tournament story and apology

SRpool
02-09-2004, 12:32 AM
Today I played in a women's tournament at Chris's Billiards in Chicago. It was a great tournament and the women of this area are greatful for having it. There is another player in the tournament that I have never gotten along with. I have endured alot of comments/rumors and whatnot over the past 8 years. Until today I have never said anything back. I would like to apologize for the outburst/argument that began when the tournament ended. I feel badly for what happened and the manner in which it happened. I do not regret finally standing up for myself but I do regret the way it was done. So for anyone that was at Chris's billiards today, I apologize. I was just tired of being walked on. This is not the way I usually conduct myself. So again, I apologize.

Sarah

CarolNYC
02-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Hey Sarah,
I've known you for quite some time and as one of the youngest players, you have ALWAYS conducted yourself in a mature and professional manner!
8 Years is quite a long time to endure someones nonsense and it takes alot of class to make a formal apology-for whatever reason, you did the right thing!Maybe now this person will get the message /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifYou deserve to be treated with respect because respect is what you give ,at all times-Dont fret this incident-hopefully the pool hall owner will realize that sometimes people just have to be put in their place!
Hang in there girl!
See ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

rukiddingme
02-09-2004, 01:21 AM
Hey Sarah,
This too shall pass. Chit happens...learn from it and move on...
I know the opponent in question was trying to get under your skin and she succeeded...best to let your game do all the talking before, during, and after the match.
You really played well in that final round. There were a lot of distractions but you prevailed and that is what really matters. Your safety game won you that tournament. It kept your opponent in the finals frustrated and off balance. She really was not able to get into rhythm.
It was really nice meeting you and a privilege to watch you play. I look forward to seeing you play again soon.
ruk

SRpool
02-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. ruk...if I am ever at Chris's and you are there feel free to ask questions or maybe sometime we can practice a little. It was nice meeting you as well.

Sarah

CarolNYC
02-09-2004, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You really played well in that final round <hr /></blockquote>
Way to go,RUK!Sarah,
Just kick butt every time you play and walk away with a smile and you can even throw in one of those "Got ya,AGAIN!" winks,ha ha ha ha
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dagwood
02-09-2004, 01:37 AM
I have to agree with Carol...if you've been enduring this for the past 8 years, then it's understandable for it to boil over at some point. You showed a lot of class in appologizing though. It takes alot of guts sometimes to do that. More power to you...and congratulations on snapping off that tourney!!! Good luck in MS btw...

Dags

rukiddingme
02-09-2004, 01:57 AM
questions???...i've got tons...lol
practice??? together???...that would be awsome! I've got goose bumps thinking about it.
Watching you ladies play is really inspiring. Makes me want to go out there and run drills.
ruk

SRpool
02-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Like I said, feel free to ask. I have to make myself somewhat useful. And practice...I need lots. Plus I can give you some pointers. And you can probably give me some too. It would be good to see you out there playing in some of the tournaments. I will PM you whenever I plan on coming to Chris's.

SRpool
02-09-2004, 03:02 AM
OH yea...Thanks Dags.

Dagwood
02-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Sarah, Carol...and anyone else who posts here that play in some of the women's events...have you ever visited Murphy's Brass Rail up in Athens? Been up there a few times and have seen Monica and Helena up there. Had the pleasure of drawing Helena in the first round of one of TK from FLA's tourney's a couple of years ago...yeah..that went well...lol

Dags

CarolNYC
02-09-2004, 03:29 AM
Dags,
No, but I know Doug Murphy well-hopefully he will be in Mississippi-he was there last year-what a sweetheart and a helluva a guy!At a NY state Championship, I played Karen Corr,oh yeah, that went well,ha ha ha ha-how about one!LMAO
Carol~hoping Doug makes it!

Dagwood
02-09-2004, 03:34 AM
lol...yeah, I lost 7-4 to her in that match. She made me look pretty silly sitting in my chair at the end of the set. Pops Murphy is one of the most enigmatic persons I've ever met in the pool and billiard industry. He shamelessly promotes the sport, (especially the ladies!), and does everything he can to make the PLAYERS, and not the everyday customer, at home in his room. Truly, one of a kind. If you can, try to make it up to his room sometime, it's REAL nice...another NYC're lives up there. You may know her as well...Lara Rossignol? *shrugs* She moved there for the pool hall. (at least that was a major reason for it. That and the cost of living down here)

Dags

Rich R.
02-09-2004, 05:04 AM
Knowing you Sarah, this person must have really pushed hard, to get a bad reaction from you. She asked for it and she got it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There is an old saying, "Winning is the best revenge."
From what others have said, it sounds like you got your revenge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
02-09-2004, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SRpool:</font><hr> There is another player in the tournament that I have never gotten along with. I have endured alot of comments/rumors and whatnot over the past 8 years. Until today I have never said anything back. <hr /></blockquote>

Atta Girl for getting it off your chest.I can relate to not acting on things myself untill they get to the boiling point.

I am presently reading Dr.Phill's book "Self Matters" and one of the first questions he asked is...
"WHAT IF you really think and feel things you have never allowed to come out,and certainly never acted on ?

SRpool
02-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Dags...I have been to Murphy's Brass Rail. I really liked it. Everyone was very nice and they truly love pool. Pops is definitely one of the most awesome people I have ever met.

Rich...You are right. I was pushed to the limit

PQQL...I would hate to think what would have happened if I didn't say anything. Spontaneous combustion comes to mind.

Sarah

UWPoolGod
02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Funny though. I have always been a very respectful nice guy to everyone...everyone is my friend and I have never had an "enemy" so to speak. I could count the number of times on my hand..or a few fingers when I actually went off on someone. And they were a few weeks apart last summer.

One was when I was playing pool at the local bar. There is an older player who shoots slooooowwww but thinks he is god. Yet he won't put up his one quarter (that's right its a hickville $0.25 only table) to prove its his domain (even though its been mine for a few years). So one night I was drinking (boy what a truth agent), and I was playing his friend. I break and run the table but miss the 8 cause I'm sloshed. The older guy starts chuckling and talking to himself (drunk also) as I stood up and walked back to my chair. I was going to let it slide and then I turned around and said "You know what NAMEINSERTEDHERE? When you get the balls to put up a quarter and challenge the table then you can chuckle all you want, but until then you should be quiet. It's only a quarter man...put it up." He was like.."Hey I'm just tryin to have a good time..I'm not knocking your game, I'm justhaving a good time" I said fine but keep it to yourself if you don't want to play. It was as if someone else was speaking through me. Weird.

The other time I was playing pool on the table closest to the bar and had my beer and my change sitting on the counter(A $5 and a $10). Most people know each other so I didn't worry about it. So there is an out of town band in to play that night and a hot big breasted groupie is in with her friends and boyfriend. She is going around hitting on the older guys, shoving her boobs in their face trying to get free drinks for them. So she talks to my friend while leaning with her arm on the bar while facing my friend on the next stool. I go over to get a peak and get a drink of my beer and only my beer and a $5 are there. So I bend down and glace between her arm and her side from behind and low and behold my $10 is lodged in there. Imagine that. So I so smoothly sneak two fingers in there and slide the $10 out. She turns and says "You trying to take my $10 huh?" and I said "No you're trying to take my $10". "Oh well the bartender didn't give me my change" she says. I said "well doesn't mean you can go taking everyone elses" She give me a look and walks off....the rest of the evening goes on and alot of the drunk bar people are pitching her [censored] and she's going off on them. In the parking lot afterwards she said something while walking away and I turned (drunk of course) and said "You might be a nice piece o @$$ with big +!+$, but doesn't mean you can come steal money and disrespect us...go back to town and take yer band with ya" Wow, the words that come out of my mounth. never before.

Strange situations make us do weird things and say things that we normally would keep inside. But hey everyone needs their release. Those were a couple of mine.

cycopath
02-10-2004, 11:08 AM
I think I'm seeing a connection between the outbursts and alcohol.

Imagine that... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UWPoolGod
02-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I think i had just reached that point, cause even when I have been drinking I am usually docile (not an angry drunk). Just those two isolated incidents I had had enough LOL...so to speak.

SRpool
02-11-2004, 04:32 AM
Funny UW, remind me to never buy you a drink and then play slow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bob
02-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Sarah,

The person you are referring to got what she had coming. She is a handfull for the players and the tournament directors alike. Its to bad that restrictions cannot be put on HER for consistant unsportsmans like conduct. You my dear are a doll and congratulations for sticking up for yourself.

Eydie

Barbara
02-11-2004, 12:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> Sarah,

She is a handfull for the players and the tournament directors alike. Its to bad that restrictions cannot be put on HER for consistant unsportsmans like conduct.
Eydie <hr /></blockquote>

Why not? As a TD I wouldn't hesitate to slap a warning on someone who's dirupting the tournament or disturbing nearby matches.

A second warning and it's "C'ya!" with time off from the tour.

Barbara

pooljunkie73
02-11-2004, 12:23 PM
With this player as a TD i would warn her first. If this didn't stop the bull i would suspend her for a season, see if she get's the hint then that her antics will not be tolerated.

Kent Mc.