PDA

View Full Version : Table spots

sandgnat
02-09-2004, 07:18 AM
For those of you with tables at home, do you use spots? If so, what adhesive do you recommend? I got some Tefco double-gummed spots and applied them, but they didn't last a week once placed. Anybody have opinions with respect to using them or not using them? I am about to have my table recovered (w/ Simonis) and don't want to put any adhesive on that would damage or adversely affect the playing surface.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-09-2004, 08:11 AM
I don't use spots. I don't like spots. But that's just me.

woody_968
02-09-2004, 09:56 AM
I use spots, but have never had to add any addhesive. They are the kind you just wet the back and stick em on the table.

Frank_Glenn
02-09-2004, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sandgnat:</font><hr> For those of you with tables at home, do you use spots? If so, what adhesive do you recommend? I got some Tefco double-gummed spots and applied them, but they didn't last a week once placed. Anybody have opinions with respect to using them or not using them? I am about to have my table recovered (w/ Simonis) and don't want to put any adhesive on that would damage or adversely affect the playing surface. <hr /></blockquote>
I use Master Spots. They come in a little tin. I only use them on the foot spot. It saves the cloth under the head ball from wearing out so quick. They are cheap, and I replace them when they start to come loose (every few months for me).