PDA

View Full Version : awsome break cue

borderhopper09
02-09-2004, 02:22 PM
i have a predator cue but im looking for a different one. so i was just looking for ideas on what break cues are out there. i was wondering on what cue your guys use to break?

Kato
02-09-2004, 02:51 PM
I am currently using a Cuetec "Mike Massey Devestator" Break/Jump. It is far from awesome.

Kato

Mike H
02-09-2004, 06:51 PM
I guess the first question you have to answer is how much cash you're willing to part with. For $80-100, Action and Players both make a decent jump/break cue. Also in that range are older used production cues like Mali (I've had a couple that broke fantastic) and Helmstetter (probably closer to the $150 range). Also, ProficientBilliards.com sells "modified" Players jump/break cues for $100. I'm not sure how they're modified, but I've heard great things about the work Scot does there. In the $300-350 range, there's the Omen "Grey Ghost" and Mike Gulyassy's "Sledgehammer." They both perform well, and are equipped with phenolic tips, which do take some adjusting. For $400 there's the Predator BK. Had one, didn't like it. Some love it, some hate it. Then there's the customs, $400 and up. Some of the better ones are made by Keith Josey and Paul Dayton, among others. I use Arnot's "Ball Buster" ($550) and love it. If you've got the money, you should go for a custom. If not, I'd look into the used Mali/Helmstetter/Predator SPJ market or check out Proficient Billiards.

TommyT
02-09-2004, 08:54 PM
I had Bob Dzuricky make a break shaft with a cueball ferulle and a phenolic tip. It's 13.25 with a strong taper and hits a ton.
TommyT /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cycopath
02-10-2004, 11:00 AM
I have a Lucasi LSS2 Jump/Break cue I really like. Retails for under $200. If you search eBay, occassionally you can pick them up for about $100.

I eventually put an Arnot T3 break shaft on mine, and then installed a phenolic tip. It breaks jam up.

Paul_Mon
02-11-2004, 06:14 AM
FWIW, Tom has let me use this cue and it does indeed hit very strong. When I use it it's probably worth 1 extra ball.

Paul Mon

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TommyT:</font><hr> I had Bob Dzuricky make a break shaft with a cueball ferulle and a phenolic tip. It's 13.25 with a strong taper and hits a ton.
TommyT /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Predator314
02-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Predator BK. I'm not all that impressed with it, but a lot of people are. They run $300-350 range.