PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from LA?

BeanDiesel
02-10-2004, 03:31 AM
Is anyone here from Los Angeles?
I've been playing for about a year, in my apartment pool room here at USC. I'm looking forward to participating in any small pool tournament. However, I can't seem to find any pool hall nearby. I searched online, and the numbers given are already disconnected. I'm so lost. Actually i'm originally from Malaysia, and this is only my 1st year in LA. So, if anyone here have some info to share with me, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Sally
02-10-2004, 01:23 PM
LA is a pretty big city, so I'm not sure where you are at exactly. Hollywood Billiards in Hollywood is a great room, very cool, and Max Eberle is the house pro there. The Golden Cue in South El Monte is meant to have some good action, just like Hard Times in Bellflower. Hope that helps a bit.

tateuts
02-10-2004, 02:49 PM
He's located just south of downtown Los Angeles. Most of the old rooms have closed. There's a lot of action in Korea Town, the places on Vermont and Olympic - those are only a few miles from USC. Type in "Billiards" in the online yellow pages.

If you want to see some good players, it's worth it to drive out to Hard times in Bellflower once in a while - about 20 - 30 minutes from downtown.

Chris

demonrho
02-10-2004, 03:12 PM
On the West side in Santa Monica, there's House of Billiard at 20th & Wilshire. You can usually find a game at whatever level. Lot of UCLA students.

BeanDiesel
02-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks guys. I really really appreciate it.