PDA

View Full Version : 8 Foot versus 9 foot versus 7 foot tables

bigalerickson
04-22-2002, 08:02 PM
I play at home on an 8' table everyday, and play in a pool hall two or so times per week, and about once a week on a bar box. With the majority of time spent on an 8, i have a hard time adjusting at times to a 9 foot, but adapt relatively easily to 7.

What are the potential long term effects of playing on an 8 foot for the majority, if my goals revolve around playing in pool halls and tournaments?

bigalerickson -
The only thing that can prevent your dreams of tomorrow are our doubts of today. Proceed with active faith and confidence.

04-23-2002, 02:06 AM
Some pool players say its easier to play on a 9 ft, and come down to an 8 or 7 ft,table.in your case its not possible. the thing to keep in mind when moving up to a 9 ft, is that your angles are different for the same lenth shots that your used to shooting on a smaller table. You need to keep this in mind. Also you need to play postion more towards the center of the table. this will keep most of your shots in the two to three ft, range
Good Luck,
Jack

Tom_In_Cincy
04-23-2002, 09:56 AM
If you are using your 8 foot table to develop your STROKE, then all is well.
Stroke is the one constant on any size table.

Doctor_D
04-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Good evening:

I personally prefer to practice and play on 10' or 9' tables. Every once and awhile, while visiting my local tavern, I will play on the 7' bar boxes. However, as I have learned, too much time on the 7' bar boxes will tend to make my game sloppy. the 7' tables are just too easy after spending so much time on the 10' and 9' tables.

Dr. D.