PDA

View Full Version : Movie Reveiw <I never do this>

Voodoo Daddy
02-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I took my girl to see "Miracles" last night, the movie about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team. The movie brought back some fond teen memories and reminded me of simpler days. The hockey scene's were very realistic and the the overall makeup of the movie made you feel like it was happening all over again.

The big memory was the goalie, Jim Craig. A hardcase from the great state of Mass. was a cousin of a guy I played street-ball with. All the kids from the hood piled in front of his TV when they played and both his parents cried when the US team won GOLD, A must-see!!!

Voodoo~~~done with movie reveiws for the year

Harold Acosta
02-10-2004, 08:07 PM
I dont like Hockey but thanks for the review.

Anything about baseball, billiards or basketball I will watch.

CarolNYC
02-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Hey Steve,
Fond memories-thats a good thing!
Hey,how much are movies out there?
Here its 10 bucks , unless you go before 6 pm, then its 5.50 or 6.00!
Carol~belongs to blockbuster /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-11-2004, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey,how much are movies out there?
<hr /></blockquote> Movies around here go for $7.50 and matinees are $5.50.

eg8r &lt;~~~Usually rents for $4.45.

CarolNYC
02-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi Eg8r,
How are you? That seems reasonable-same thing here for renting from video store-but then again, theres always that "hotbox" option!ha ha ha
Stay well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dagwood
02-11-2004, 11:34 AM
8.75 for a night show...6.00 for the matinee. And that's in GA...jeeez!

Dags

Voodoo Daddy
02-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Two adults in a Miami movie...$16 bones
One Slurpee, One Coke...$6 bones
The smile on her face when the movie was over...PRICELESS!!!

Voodoo~~~laughin' at himself for stealin' commercial phrases!!

bigshooter
02-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Movies here are cheap!
$2.00 Matinee
$4.00 Full Price
But popcorn and drinks are still around a $1,000,000 just like everywhere else!

CarolNYC
02-12-2004, 02:35 AM
4.00 for movie,a million for popcorn,ha ha ha
Havent you ever watched Seinfeld, where Kramer sneaks in the cup of coffee? Well, bring your own,ha ha ha
Carol~too funny!

CarolNYC
02-12-2004, 02:37 AM
I love to hear of your happiness /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
And smiling is so contagious,isnt it?
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-12-2004, 02:38 AM
Dags,
How much is catfish? ha ha ha (only kidding)
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#### leonard
02-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Voodo Daddy I remember that time period well. I was delivering Liquor to Lake Placid. It was like the 1849 Gold Rush, the streets were jam packed with workers getting the sites ready for the events.The Federal Government came in and made the builders of the arena do and additional 3 million in construction. After that win, everyone came to get their pictures taken then they left and the contractors had to wait nearly three years to get their money. The STate of New York had to bail the Olympic Committee out.

AT@T had over 1000 workers there for nearly a year living in the Saranac Hotel. The Police would walk the trucks up Main Street to keep traffic moving. Two weeks before the start of the Olympics they switched to only night time only delivery. Trucks would line up at Keene and at 11.30 they could start up the hill to Lake Placid.

Lake placid is the only town were Celebrities are left alone. It is a downer for some, what no one wants my autograph. The band Alabama would play there and go across the street and party for two or three days and they were amazed that they could do that and be left alone.###

UWPoolGod
02-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Guess I just don't get the attraction of hockey...but then again I never played soccer either...sooo....

Eric.
02-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Sounds like it's 2 thumbs up (vs. 2 middle fingers up /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif ).

I'll hafta check it out...

Eric