PDA

View Full Version : Get-together in DFW? (no Fast Larry)

SPetty
02-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Howdy,

I talked to Fast Larry on the phone today, and he regretfully regrets that he must send his regrets. Fast Larry will not be able to make it to PettyPoint Pool Hall this weekend.

I'd still be quite honored if you guys want to still come out to my place to play pool.

Please let me know, yay or nay.

Sid_Vicious
02-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Hell I'm not backing up just because Larry has decided not to show up. I was coming to enjoy the company and competition I always get from you anyway. Let's all stick to the plan folks...sid

ras314
02-10-2004, 08:35 PM
You got room for one more then? I'm trying to get enough wiring and lights in for my Diamond by next week. Ought to go check out PettyPoint Pool Hall to see how it should be done.

Send PM with directions/address if you would.

timsmcm
02-10-2004, 09:21 PM
can you tell me where that is I would like to come /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ralph S.
02-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Will you send me an airline ticket Spetty? I wanna come too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SPetty
02-11-2004, 03:11 PM
You guys are great. I thought everyone would back out on me. I haven't heard from everyone, but I'll either email or PM and see how we stand.

ras314, check your PMs.

ras314
02-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Somewhere in Texas I think. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've seen pictures, heard people talk of how great it is, but never been to PPPH. Check with SPetty.

ras314
02-12-2004, 12:11 PM
If the weather doesn't get too bad I expect to leave El Paso early Sat., I 10 to I 20 to Dallas area. So should be at PettyPoint Sun AM sometime.

Anyone interested in a ride send a PM.

Rod
02-12-2004, 12:49 PM
What, no Fast Larry as advertised. LOL Well then I guess I won't ask Ras for a ride then. It is a little out of his way anywho. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Have a great Sunday.

Rod

ceebee
02-12-2004, 01:04 PM
.... But John Parker of Auerbach Custom Cues & me, "Mr. BreakRAK" are coming from Oklahoma.

I've also got a little Surprise for the folks at Petty Point.

I was born & raised in the DFW area.... cb

Rod
02-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Supprise eh? Well just whisper it to me so the others won't hear. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

SPetty
02-12-2004, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Surprise eh? Well just whisper it to me so the others won't hear.<hr /></blockquote>Hi Rod, Don't tell anyone else, but <font color="white">Sunday is my birthday</font color> ! Sshhhhhh......

ras314
02-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Hey Rod, catch a ride to Silver City Fri. I'll go thru on the way to a tournament in El Paso Fri night.

Actually I don't consider FL much of a draw anyway. I'm a bit testy since quitting smoking and if in person he is anything like his posts everybody might get treated to two old pharts trying to fight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
02-12-2004, 01:54 PM
ras,

I was just kidding, it's to far to go just for a day of pool. I have been to Silver City however and won a lot of money there years ago.

Rod

eg8r
02-12-2004, 02:19 PM
<font color="white"> Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

eg8r

Rod
02-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Oh I see, well <font color="White"> Happy 29th</font color>

SPetty
02-12-2004, 04:56 PM
You guys... <font color="white">are just too damned smart for me!!! Thanks for the nice wishes.</font color>
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SPetty
02-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Y'know, we're getting folks from New Mexico and Oklahoma and Texas. Where are the folks from Arkansas and Louisiana? They're closer than New Mexico!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="white">There is no meaningful whispered message here!</font color>

ceebee
02-14-2004, 08:10 AM
well, it's snowing pretty good here in Arlington. The weather may cause folks to stay home. Susan has my contact info &amp; I can probably still get around....

Maybe a get together somewhere in Dallas ??? Please post any changes on this board... cb

SPetty
02-14-2004, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr>Please post any changes on this board...<hr /></blockquote>No changes so far! This stuff'll stop in a few hours. The news shows the roads are clear. They'll be dry by this afternoon, so no problem with icy roads tomorrow.

See y'all then!

SPetty
02-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Check out my 8-ball antenna ball giggle this morning:

http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/antBall.jpg

Here's a pic of snow on the trees. In Texas!

http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/snowTrees.jpg

Rich R.
02-14-2004, 10:28 AM
"Snow on trees in Texas."

Now there is a sight! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yours will be gone this afternoon, ours has been here for weeks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-14-2004, 11:08 AM
SPetty...Mine is still getting new snow, it's been falling all morning. This wet snow is the best as long as it keeps snowing, but it will leave quickly latter. I was going to ask whether your place was covered...figured it would be really nice back in your woods and all. I'm personally glad I have a home table today.

What's the agenda tomorrow???sid

UTAddb
02-14-2004, 04:08 PM
This is the first time I've seen so much snow, I know sad. Anyway on the way back from school I noticed a lot of huge snowmans. I was on my bmx bike and one thing led to another and I just had to jump into the 5 foot snowman which had disasterous, yet hilarious consequences. I learned the density of snowmen though.

SPetty
02-14-2004, 05:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What's the agenda tomorrow???<hr /></blockquote>Um, lessee, first, play pool, then, um, play pool, and later we'll, uh, play pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Come on over any time. Gate's open, tables are ready!

PM me if you need directions...

eg8r
02-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Sid, Susan, OPC, rackmup, spiderman, and the rest of the DFW guys, I just wanted to let you know....I am jealous of all your snow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I moved back to Florida and all we have is rain.

I hope you guys have a great time tomorrow.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
02-15-2004, 03:13 AM
Just sneekin'in from closing down the PH(yawn), so I will be early afternoon at best. I know the way there...sid

ceebee
02-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Well.... you folks that missed the get together at Petty Point missed some nice comraderie. Susan's place could be a model for an upscale Pool Room. Susan &amp; her husband LeRoy are benchmark hosts. The Chili, Hot Dogs &amp; dipping veggies were really enough to keep your mind off playing Pool.

The gent from New Mexico was a true gentleman Pool Player that sported TWIN Predator Sneaky Petes... I like the Predator products, so I was jealous.

You folks may not notice the young man from UTA, because he was very quiet. He was even quiet while making all those balls. Maybe he grins whens he counts his winnings...?

Sid Viscious is a nice fella that plays good Pool... next time I get to Dallas, he &amp; I might go looking for some action... or some trouble.

Susan's got a good stroke &amp; she's a capable Player too. When she gets her cast off that leg &amp; is rid of the pain..., don't spot her nothing... you'll lose...

CW came in after awhile &amp; played some Pool too. He brought some MIRACLE WIPES that cleaned a lot of bluing from the player's shafts. I gotta have some of that.

Spiderman came by early &amp; showed us how to play the game. He brought his nice girlfriend by &amp; introduced her. After he ran all those balls, he said, "I don't even like this game..", maybe he'll quit playing &amp; some of us will have a better chance.

I played like a dog all day. But Susan will attest, a couple shots of that Jim Beam woke the old man up. Thanks to all of you for the nice time. I'm already wishing it was a weekly affair.

B'Tweet.. cb

Wally_in_Cincy
02-17-2004, 11:10 AM
ceebee,

Thanks for the report. I'm glad to see the party came off well despite the inclement weather.

I did a couple of shots of tequila Sunday in SPetty's honor. Anybody ever heard of a Mexican Missile?

Rod
02-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Is it one that doesn't go straight? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Or maybe you didn't go very straight afterwards. LOL

Wally_in_Cincy
02-17-2004, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Is it one that doesn't go straight? ...<hr /></blockquote>

Tequlia w/ hot sauce /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I could only do one like that. It actually did not taste bad but one was enough. After that I switched to salt and lemon.

SPetty
02-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Well, I was beginning to wonder... I was kinda hoping that someone would post that they had some fun. Thanks, ceebee! It was a fun time, at least for me!

ras314 hails himself as "the gray beard in the black hat" and that's exactly what he is! Great guy, great player, but I let him get away without asking him what he wanted for that extra cue... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif His own pool hall is going to be almost as big as mine and even farther out in the boonies, and if I'm remembering right, his table should be in soon! He was the first one there, and almost the last to leave. I suspect that he'll hold the "travelled the farthest to play pool for a day" award for quite some time!

ceebee brought his BreakRak to show us, and let us play with it on the bar table and the nine foot table. He wasn't even trying to sell it - he's so successful that he's sold out for now. But it was nice to be able to try it out over and over and watch others try it out over and over as well. I still say, though, that the best advertising he's got is his own break. This guy has quite a powerful break for an old man! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And he brought along some beautiful cues made by John Parker of Auerbach Cues that we spent some time admiring.

You know, one of the benefits of using a Predator shaft is that (in theory) you can play with any Predator shaft with no adjustment period. They're supposed to be built so similarly that they are essentially the same. However, I've discovered the drawback to playing solely with a Predator is that if I find a cue I'd like to buy, I'd have to spend a couple hundred extra dollars for a shaft to go with it! That has kept me from buying a cue on more than one occasion... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It was nice that Spiderman stopped by for a bit on his way back from his Valentine's vacation. I was beginning to think I'd never see him out here again! He left before the BreakRak got set up though, and he took my shaft and UTAddb's shaft for a new tip.

It was great to see Sid_Vicious again - just as handsome and charming as ever. And playing better than I remember and I remember him playing good! He's finally agreed to play me for money and give me a spot! I'm gonna be rich! hahahaha /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

UTAddb as usual kicked some butt, even though he was using a house cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif. He also spent some time studying the Racking Secrets book and was able to successfully predict the outcome of a couple of racks based on that secret information!

As for PoolFool's "miracle wipes", even Sid was impressed with them! It's a new product not yet available from a friend of his, the folks at www.meangreen.com. (http://www.meangreen.com.) He also picked up a copy of his Scott Lee instructional video while he was there.

There were a few "no-shows", but I've finally sadly learned the hard way that's to be expected when you're dealing with pool players...

I played in my first ring game, too. I was asked if I had any chips, and I said sure - here's some fritos... Oh, you mean poker chips! We played where we all pay on the 5 and 9. I learned that it doesn't really matter how good you are, it's all about the order of the people. Based solely on the order /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif and not because I am the weakest player, I got knocked out first! Good thing, because my foot was killing me (recovering from some achilles surgery...). Had some much needed down time. It came down to UTAddb and ceebee as to who won. Although ceebee actually won at the end, I think it was pretty much a tie because I think UTAddb suddenly remembered his 8 a.m. class!

Anyway, thanks for coming, everyone. You made my day! Let's do it again in a few months. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-- SPetty

SpiderMan
02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Susan,

We really had a great time out at your place on Sunday. Sorry I wasn't able to stay longer, but Rhonda had an audition at 4 pm so we had to get back to Dallas. It was
great meeting RAS314 (what a life, wonder if he'd like to
trade places) and seeing everyone else (ceebee, sid,
you, leroy, utaddb) again. I guess Carl arrived after
I left.

One of these days we'd like to come out and make a night of it, though, complete with bed and (I guess I'll cook it) breakfast!

SpiderMan

ps - I'll be at Rack Daddy's on Coit tomorrow night, I'll
bring your shaft.

UTADDB - Yours is ready tonight, call me if you want to
meet in north Dallas (we're going out for pizza), otherwise
I'll keep it in my case and will have it with me tomorrow
as well.

UTAddb
02-17-2004, 02:44 PM
I had a great time as well and hope we can do it again sometime. It was interesting playing scotch doubles last pocket 'all ball', ceebee's creation of fusing together 9 ball and 8 ball. I was amazed how nice the auerbach cues were and it was good to meet some new pool buds.

ryushen21
02-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Sorry i didn't make it out there. One thing led to another and i next thing knew it was past the time that i was supposed to meet UTAddb for a ride. But let me know if anything is happening in the future and i will be sure to be there!

ras314
02-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Finally made it back. Checked the odometer, 1,987 miles. Stopped a few places on the way back and done of them had anywhere near as nice a table as SPetty's Diamond. Nor were the players as good, thank goodness.

After losing out early in the ring game I sort of remember doing a lot of racking for SPetty on the Cougar, sore foot or not. Don't think Sid better spot her much.

Lot of fun even if I did pull my usual stunt of wearing out too early. Was good to finally meet some ccb folks.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-18-2004, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Finally made it back. Checked the odometer, 1,987 miles....<hr /></blockquote>

Hell that's just a drive to the store for you folks out west /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ras314
02-18-2004, 06:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Hell that's just a drive to the store for you folks out west /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Actually it's only 400 miles to the store and back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
May be less now, hear there is a Home Depo being built 100 mi away. Getting crowded.

Sid_Vicious
02-18-2004, 09:36 PM
"Don't think Sid better spot her much."

Keep talkin' to my fish like that, nuthin' like a little help with setting the hook ;-) sid