PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge/ who's going

cueball1950
02-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Can anyone tell me what the tournament is this year. i know that there is no womens tournament this year. So is it only a mens tournament. And what pro's are going. Is Earl going to be allowed to play, or maybe keith or corey. or is it just for upa players. if so then i just may stay home. maybe barbara can get the answers for me..........mike

RailbirdJAM
02-11-2004, 04:39 AM
Hi, Mike. Keith McCready will be competing in the upcoming Valley Forge tournament, March 25-28.

The men's pro tournament is a UPA-sanctioned event, limited to 64 players.

Here is the BEST part. Under the leadership of its new president, Robert Lipson, and Frank Alvarez, UPA representative extraordinaire, there is a new and improved UPA on the horizon. No more behind-the-scenes rule-making targeted at non-UPA members and independent promoters. After talking extensively with Frank Alvarez, I am of the belief that the men's pro tour, under this new leadership, is going to be successful. This new administration is making every effort to be all that they can be, and I applaud their efforts. It's long overdue (IMO).

At the upcoming Valley Forge, if you are not a UPA member, you may pay a $25 waiver to the UPA and participate. This is a switch from the previous UPA administration which stated mid UPA Tour that players like Keith, Corey, Frankie Hernandez, Troy Frank, and Earl Strickland were considered "touring pros" and could not participate unless they were a UPA member.

This is great news, and I'm hopeful to see good things happening up ahead for the men's pro tour.

RailbirdJAM

Rich R.
02-11-2004, 04:56 AM
That is great news Jen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I look forward to seeing you there.

Mike, in addition to the mens 9-ball tournament, and all the amateur tournaments, there is also going to be a trick shot tournament.

Hope to see you there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
02-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Hey Mike,

How can you NOT go?! It's a nice weekend out, whether you're playing or just catching up with people.

Hopefully, all is well with the Mrs. and if so, I'll look forward to seeing you there.

http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/

Eric

nAz
02-11-2004, 02:53 PM
I will show for at least a day and a half, ERIC will you buy me alcohol since im too young to buy for myself? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric.
02-11-2004, 03:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I will show for at least a day and a half, ERIC will you buy me alcohol since im too young to buy for myself? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

TOO YOUNG?!

I though you pre-dated DIRT!

Eric &gt;will gladly buy a round

DennyS
02-11-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm also planning on going this year. I'll be there representing Stroketrainer . Hope to meet a lot of you there!

Barbara
02-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Mike,

I know there's going to be a men's tourny aand it looks like the UPA finally took their heads out of their a$$es to allow almost everyone play. There's also going to be a Trick Shot competition, too.

It's a shame the women are going to be somewhere else. it would be a win-win situation for the women to be there with their sponsors, even if they weren't playing.

Barbara

Barbara
02-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Well I'm just gonna have to get my deputies, Fred Agnir and Jimbo to check your Stroketrainer out and report back to me.

Fred saves me lots of time and trouble scoping out what's where so I can just buy on my 2 breaks during the days. I got a nice cue holder last year courtesy of Fred.

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
02-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Mike,
I'll be there Thursday thru Saturday. I'm entered in the open amateur tourney. Maybe we can all hook up somewhere for a drink.

Duane(DG)

Frank_Glenn
02-11-2004, 05:25 PM
I'll be there. Probably Friday - Sunday

Harold Acosta
02-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Super Billiards Expo - March 25-28, 2004
Valley Forge Convention Center

Amateur Open Players Championships
$5000 Guaranteed 1st Place = $75 Entry Fee

Amateur Jr Players Championships
2 Divisions: 18 &amp; Under, 14 &amp; Under = $25 Entry Fee

Amateur Womens Players Championships
$75 Entry Fee

Amateur Seniors Players Championships
Age 50 &amp; Over only = $75 Entry

The Valley Open Players Championship
Open to anyone who wants to play...Pros or Amateurs
9 Ball played on Valley's New Great Eight Bar Tables
Only 64 Players - $5,000 to the Winner = $300 Entry Fee

and the Association for Pool Rally in the Valley

Harold ~ got the info from a nice Post Card from Allen Hopkins Productions....

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

nAz
02-11-2004, 11:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I will show for at least a day and a half, ERIC will you buy me alcohol since im too young to buy for myself? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

TOO YOUNG?!

I though you pre-dated DIRT!

Eric &gt;will gladly buy a round <hr /></blockquote>

I think you should buy to rounds for that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif