PDA

View Full Version : You gotta love it!!!

cheesemouse
02-11-2004, 08:40 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifLast night while playing a league pool match my opponent, who was very much the lesser player, recieved BIH from me when I failed to make a legal hit on the 8b while attempting to runout from the break...this guy sets up on an off angled three ball combination. Under no circumstances on this green earth would any past or present world champion come up with this shot...of course, he made the shot and continued to runout for the first time in his life...truely and amazing game we play...one can only smile and shake ones head with the wonder of it all...I love this game....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Any likewise examples out there???

Kato
02-11-2004, 09:41 AM
I was hitting balls the other day and this girl approaches me and asks me to play. Anybody that knows me will tell you that I never turn down a game, no matter what the skill level. So we play 9 ball. I break, run out to the 7 and miss. She runs out /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm noticing though she uses 4 or 5 different stances and jumps out of her shoes on every single shot. She breaks and runs the next rack /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Then she breaks, misses a ball badly and leaves me safe and this is how it goes. She runs 4 balls, jumps out of her shoes on every shot and leaves me safe. I kick, hit it, and she runs out while jumping out of her shoes using her 5 different stances and strokes. I think the final score of our set was 5-2 in her favor. It was time for her to go play in the tournament and she asked me if I was playing and I grumbled something about not being able to make a ball and no /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So I'm watching her all night jumping out of her shoes, and low and behold she's not running balls anymore. Now she's missing but beating weak opponents. By the time she gets to the semi's of the tournament there are a few "C" players waiting and she gets knocked out.

Yesterday afternoon I observe her playing a really weak player. This time jumping out of her shoes and missing pretty much everything. 9-ball games for 15 innings.

Kato /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifmakes ya wonder /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PS. After the thumping I took I just gotta know, fact or fiction. Did she just play over her head or does she play down to inferior competition. I just gotta believe she played up to me.

pooltchr
02-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Kato, it sounds like she happened to get some good rolls. It is possible to get good results in spite of bad form.
I think she just got a run of good luck.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Saturday evening I stopped by the Reef Tavern fresh from winning a 14.1 match at SnookerS. I was in stroke and going from a 9-ft table to a 7-foot. My good friend Jeff (D player) had won about 7 games in a row on the bar box. I wasn't going to play but the louder he got the more I knew I would have to beat him to quiet him down /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

I ran down to the 8-ball but missed it, leaving it in the kitchen. He scratched twice in a row so I had to kick at the 8 (tavern rules-stop me if you've heard this one before /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) . Naturally I scratched on my second attempt. So Jeff is bragging to everybody how he beat me.

When I got up again I was playing Lee the bartender. He came up dry on the break and I ran out. Poor guy had a hangdog look on his face. I said "Sorry Lee, Jeff pissed me off" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike H
02-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Here's a pretty good one from a one-pocket matchup about a year ago. I was giving the guy (a pretty solid offensive player) 11-6 or 12-6 and needed one ball. He needed all of the remaining 6 balls on the table. I skim off a ball, leaving the CB frozen to the head rail. All 6 balls are in cluster formation right behind the foot spot (no dead balls).....so he whacks them. One of the balls goes 2 rails back and forth into his hole (he said it was dead LOL) and he runs out. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Kato
02-11-2004, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> When I got up again I was playing Lee the bartender. He came up dry on the break and I ran out. Poor guy had a hangdog look on his face. I said "Sorry Lee, Jeff pissed me off" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

And the Hamiltucky Hammer pounds on another opponent.

PS. Good job on that straight pool win Wally. I took a severe thumping in 14.1 against an older player (read: more experienced) and could not outmove him. Boy could he combo out of the stack.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
02-11-2004, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>... I took a severe thumping in 14.1 against an older player (read: more experienced) and could not outmove him. Boy could he combo out of the stack.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah those cagey veterans can find those. I'm still having trouble seeing them.