PDA

View Full Version : Larry liscotti/evgeny stalev in chelmsford

cueball1950
04-22-2002, 10:18 PM
anybody know who wound up winning. they were playing banks/ full racks larry getting 9/7 for $500 a game. larry was obnoxious as usual..had to leave so i have no idea who won.....mike

Ken
04-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Which day was that Mike? Larry was told to quiet down on Sunday while the tournament was still on.

cueball1950
04-22-2002, 10:30 PM
ken...they played late saturday.. lary was being a real jerk as usual. kept insulting the russian kid.....................................mike

04-22-2002, 10:32 PM
I believe Stalev finished up a few games in that match, but then lost it all back to McCready the next day. They were playing bank pool also, but Stalev was giving up a smaller spot.

Did anybody see the hour-long argument between Stalev and Lisciotti over the frozen ball? It was hilarious. Even the flashlight came out... it was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time. They had 50 people taking turns looking at it. My take was that if that ball were not frozen, no ball has ever been frozen. As someone was screaming out, "Larry, that ball is double frozen."

- Steve

Ken
04-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Larry was watching and being obnoxious on Sunday while McCready was playing Stalev. I tried to get some work done on Sat. and didn't go.

I believe the spot was 9-7 for McCready. He cleaned the Russians out and they quit. I don't know why anyone would give McCready a spot, especially two balls.
Ken in CT

PoolFan
04-23-2002, 10:08 AM
For as loud and obnoxious as Larry gets, he's still fun to watch. That's why everyone was around that table. Most people were more interested in Larry's antics than the game itself. I will say he was pretty rude to his opponent, but on the upside for Stalev, he probably didn't know what Larry was saying most of the time.

Even with Larry getting the spot, he couldn't win with the way he was playing. He was swinging at everything regardless of the difficulty. Stalev played good common sense shots knowing the percentages and if the percentages were low, he made sure to play the shot two-ways offensive/defensive.

Larry was trying to win by getting Stalev bothered.

PoolFan
04-23-2002, 10:13 AM
Yes the frozen ball issue was hilarious. That's the first time I've seen the flashlight come out for a frozen ball.

I'd like to add that seeing McCready back playing more is great. He's another obnoxious player to play, but he's funny as hell for the railbirds.

04-23-2002, 11:32 AM
This kind of commotion and agitating is common in pool, and it stinks. This is why sponsors are scared to death of us. It wouldn't be tolerated in any other sport, and we've got a lot of nerve to stand around scratching our heads and getting splinters in our fingers, wondering what's wrong.

PoolFan
04-23-2002, 12:36 PM
Right, I would never see this on a golf course, right?