PDA

View Full Version : Lots of bowling balls!

bigshooter
02-11-2004, 04:48 PM
There has been a lot of talk on this board lately about all the gadgets available for the game of pool these days but I took my son to the bowling alley the other day and just as we we're getting there the leagues were ending and I could not believe the amount of people coming out of there with the little rolling cases that hold SIX BOWLING BALLS!
And I don't mean just a few people, I am talking about dozens of people, I'm not knocking it, if bowling is your thing then go for it but I had no idea. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Harold Acosta
02-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Tell me about it. I'm looking into one of those "Porper Dealer cases" that hold about 12 cues and 24 shafts, with wheels...

I currently have a Porper 2x4, Instroke 3x7, Justis 2x4, Giuseppe 2x4, Porper 1x1, Porper 1x2, No Name 3x6, No name 1x2, and they are all holding cues!

....not than I'm going to go in a Pool Hall with the monster, but just to hold all my cues in one place!

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

ras314
02-11-2004, 06:41 PM
HeHeHe...I can see it now. Lets see, this shot calls for side so I'll use shaft c on handle m. Ummm, next is straight follow so I need shaft g on handle k. Er, is that shaft h? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
02-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Harold, you are a cue googan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
02-11-2004, 06:58 PM
ras314:

Hey, that's Amazing! You got that right! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>

Harold Acosta
02-11-2004, 07:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Harold, you are a cue googan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

At one time, Yes. I've sold a couple of cues at Ebay and given away some of the cheaper ones to my kids friends. My son and daughter each have a cue and case for their use. I have one cue and case for their friends to borrow. I have a Schon and McDermott retired in an Instroke case. I have my Lucasi with uh, umm, ohh, my Predator and Lucasi shafts. I have a Steve Mizerak ready to send for restoration. A red Falcon jump/break. A bungee jump. A Fury cue somewhere in one of those cases, and several other low-end cues to go around to bar places....

So many cues, so little time for play....but at least I got back some of my investment.....

Cueless Joey
02-11-2004, 07:33 PM
I lost in almost all of my cue dealings. Bought and sold a few. This bonehead should have ordered Tad and SW back in '96.
Finally made a profit on a cue two months ago. Bought and sold a Zylr. But, great deals on cues with great resale value is hard to come by. Unless you are around these two old pros who are notorious for going broke and hocking their cues dirt cheap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif