PDA

View Full Version : Harold Worst pool cue

Cherub1964
02-12-2004, 08:47 AM
I found a pool cue in my house that has Harold Worst's signature engraved on it. My family has owned this house since 1920 and I happened to find it while rummaging in the attic. The pool cue is 2 piece, maple, and has a brass fitting. The base is marked "Heavy". Does anyone know anything about this certain pool cue? My husband has been using it (recreation only) and I was going to get him a new pool cue for Valentines Day but after some research I am not so sure he needs a better one. I had assumed the Harold Worst one was just junk but am now having doubts about that. If anyone knows or has any information on this pool cue please let me know.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-12-2004, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cherub1964:</font><hr> I found a pool cue in my house that has Harold Worst's signature engraved on it. My family has owned this house since 1920 and I happened to find it while rummaging in the attic. The pool cue is 2 piece, maple, and has a brass fitting. The base is marked "Heavy". Does anyone know anything about this certain pool cue? My husband has been using it (recreation only)

<font color="blue">Don't know anything about the cue but I do know that I would not play with it until you find out if it's worth anything. </font color>

and I was going to get him a new pool cue for Valentines Day but after some research I am not so sure he needs a better one.

<font color="blue">Get him one. Nothing says lovin' like something from McDermott. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

I had assumed the Harold Worst one was just junk but am now having doubts about that. If anyone knows or has any information on this pool cue please let me know.
<hr /></blockquote>

Pizza Bob
02-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Harold Worst pool cues were distributed by the A. E. Schmidt, Co. out of St. Louis, MO. (There's actually an A.E.S. catalog on Ebay right now &lt;http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2786971114&amp;category=28 52&gt; that shows your cue).

They were a baseline cue in their day, but pretty good quality by the standards of some of the Taiwanese junk that followed that era. I've seen them bring from $25 to $125 on Ebay. Depends on condition (should have a foil label "Cue, Inc." on butt sleeve) and a willing buyer. Wouldn't hurt to play with it, but a new cue is always a nice present /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adios,

Pizza Bob