PDA

View Full Version : Pechauer Cues question

ObeOne
02-13-2004, 11:05 AM
I've been looking at Pechauer cues and I noticed that the less expensive cues (jp series) have a white joint, and the more expensive cues have a stainless joint. What is the difference, and would it be a bad idea to get one of the less expensive Pechauers? I figure there must be a reason for the price difference, because one of the cues I'm looking at is quite ornate for only $350.

socrates
02-13-2004, 12:14 PM
I have the unfortunate habit of collecting pool cues. As such I have both the JP series and the pro-stainless series.

The JP series has an implex joint which IMO provides a softer feeling hit.

The JP I have hits very well and I feel Pechauer offers a very good playing cue at a fair price.

Personally,I prefer the softer hit of the JP series but the stainless cues hit solid as well but have a different feel.

The balance point on a non-stainless joint is generally closer to the wrap which I also prefer.

Hope this helps,

ObeOne
02-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Sweet, thanks for the info, I will definitely get the JP.

aajourney
02-13-2004, 06:59 PM
I started with a JP and upgraded to a Pro. One thing to consider, If you want a new shaft with the Pro you can just order it for that Model and it will fit. If you have the JP, you must send in the Butt and either a shaft is made for that butt or they look for a match (not sure). I like the way both sticks play.

stickman
02-13-2004, 10:26 PM
I have been looking into the JP series cues also. I like the feel of the implex joint cues. A friend has one. The balance was a little different than the cue I was used to, but I loved the feel and balance. I get my taxes done Monday, and plan to order one soon. I intend to buy a JP13 60" cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif