PDA

View Full Version : FLY BOYS ATTITUDE

cheesemouse
02-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Regardless of what washes out on the Bush National Guard situation don't you think it is a a basic indication of a character defect that GW just decided all on his own to let his flight status lapse by not taking the physical? People went out of their way to get him the training to become a pilot (it's very expensive to train a pilot). Many young men and woman would love to have the opportunity to get such training. In theory only the best and the brightest are given this opportunity, but unfortunitly we all know some people are given preference because of one reason or another. Be that as it may, don't you think it is somewhat of a cavalier(: marked by or given to offhand and often disdainful dismissal of important matters) attitude on GW's part to just say "I didn't want to fly anymore"???

eg8r
02-14-2004, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't you think it is a a basic indication of a character defect that GW just decided all on his own to let his flight status lapse by not taking the physical? <hr /></blockquote> No. Sure he should not have done it, but to suggest it would impact his character is a bit rash IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Be that as it may, don't you think it is somewhat of a cavalier(: marked by or given to offhand and often disdainful dismissal of important matters) attitude on GW's part to just say "I didn't want to fly anymore"???
<hr /></blockquote> I don't think so. Is he not allowed to make choices in his life.

eg8r

Troy
02-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Impact his character, no. Indicative of his character, a resounding YES. Remember, the squad he was in would NOVER have been called for Vietnam -- by definition that squad had responsibility for National BORDER protection.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
don't you think it is a a basic indication of a character defect that GW just decided all on his own to let his flight status lapse by not taking the physical? <hr /></blockquote> No. Sure he should not have done it, but to suggest it would impact his character is a bit rash IMO.

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Be that as it may, don't you think it is somewhat of a cavalier(: marked by or given to offhand and often disdainful dismissal of important matters) attitude on GW's part to just say "I didn't want to fly anymore"???
<hr /></blockquote> I don't think so. Is he not allowed to make choices in his life.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
02-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Would you get into a plane if GW was the pilot?

Would anybody? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

Candyman
02-17-2004, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Would you get into a plane if GW was the pilot?

Would anybody? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

-------------------------------------------------------
I would...But I know how to fly! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif