PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open one pocket tournamen

jason
02-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi all, Is this tournament still active? i played in it in 2000 and never say it advertised again. It's a pity cos it was the best run tournament i've played in! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ONE POCKET GHOST
02-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Hi Jason.....Unfortunately that was the last year of the Kalamazoo U.S.Open one pocket tournament...It was a great tournament, I played in it, for all 5 years of it's existence...Matt Rosendaul, who put the tournament together, and was the owner of the Billiard Playground where it was held the first four years told me that he was losing a lot of money every year running the tournament...He said that he tried but was unsuccessful in getting some sponsorship so that he could keep having the tournament...It was very disappointing to have this tournament come to an end, because as all of us one pocket players know, unfortunately there's not many serious one pocket tournaments around.

jason
02-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Thats a real shame to hear that ghost. I travelled from the U.K to play in it and i can still say i'm the only english player to play in it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

NH_Steve
02-15-2004, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jason:</font><hr> Thats a real shame to hear that ghost. I travelled from the U.K to play in it and i can still say i'm the only english player to play in it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>Would that mean you're the same guy that came to Grady's One Pocket tournament in Maine? In that case, I met you up there. Great to have a One Pocket player from distant lands here on the Cue Chalk Board! Any luck getting other players interested over your way?

jason
02-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah Steve i'm that same guy! i'm just trying to cast my mind back to who i met at Gradys tournament. I met some really nice people there. I tried to convert some off my pals to one pocket but their just so wrapped up in 9 ball and they all its too much hard work to play a game like one pocket. Its pretty sad really.

NH_Steve
02-15-2004, 06:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jason:</font><hr> Yeah Steve i'm that same guy! i'm just trying to cast my mind back to who i met at Gradys tournament. I met some really nice people there. I tried to convert some off my pals to one pocket but their just so wrapped up in 9 ball and they all its too much hard work to play a game like one pocket. Its pretty sad really. <hr /></blockquote>Jason, you have got to circle on your calender next year's Derby City Classic if you still have any interest in One Pocket, or Bank Pool, or 9-ball, or ANY kind of big pool action. It is an absolutely incredible pool event -- kind of like the legendary Johnson City tournaments of the late sixties or early seventies, except a whole lot bigger!

(ps. It might have come back to me now, Bradford, right?)

jason
02-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah Steve thats right! I'm all the way from Bradford, West Yorkshire. You'll have to jog my memory on who you are. I met some nice folks there. I'll never forget my first round match against C M Lee! He suffocated me for about an hour and a half! I think i only had half a dozen shots at my hole! I'd love to go to the Derby City Classic. I love one pocket and think banks is truly under rated game. I'd prefer to see 9 ball changed to 14.1. A bit more of a thinking mans game like snooker which i was brought up on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif