PDA

View Full Version : ROADPLAYERS BEWARE OF AIRBARRELS

04-23-2002, 07:24 AM
One time i was passing through Memphis,TN. Looking for some action .I was in abig money game playing $200 sets and was getting the wild #7 on a bartable.We played 2 sets.the 1st set I won they paid up. 2nd set they didnt.The agreement was to pay up after each set.My stakehourse was F****N, PISSED.AND I WAS TOO.My opponent said that he was getting staked by someone else and that person said that HE WAS PLAYING ON HIS OWN MONEY.And then the person that was supposedly staking him said I'll play you some with the #8 and said "look here, why should i play u when one of you owe me 2 bens." he said "your're the road player and i said "what does that have to do with me not gettin my bens." he said "well, i didn't play you" and my backer said "let's get the f*ck out of here." so i said f*ck it, i hope u guys don't go to other cities and do this f*cking sh*t. you might get shot or sent up the mississippi river.
this is a little story from the road to let u gamblers out there know that there are some sorry mofoes on the road waiting to stiff somebody.

Chris Cass
04-23-2002, 08:16 AM
Jason,

Your kidding right? When ever you play for that kind of money, you should always, freeze up the first set. If someone loses and doesn't pay. You alway's have the initial set, posted. If they want to play another set? They pay for the set they lost. Nobody's hurt and nobody gets hurt. JMHO
It's better than sweating whether or not, your being set up. Imagine if you lost the first 5 sets, down a G and the guy your playing was broke all along? There's nothing you can say about it.

Regards,

C.C.

cheesemouse
04-23-2002, 08:30 AM
Jason,
Chris is correct bigtime. If they won't post or put the stakes up your looking at a bad bet and you deserve what you get. Roadplayer begins with road; hit it if they won't post.....

Ralph S.
04-23-2002, 03:16 PM
Good point Chris.
Ralph S.>has seen it happen before too.

Chris Cass
04-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi Cheese and Ralph,

It's not that it hasn't happened to me, more than once.LOL The last time I got stiffed for not covering my butt, cost me $200. The bright side is I still walked with $600. and I never have to see the lump anymore. He keeps his distance. That's a good thing.

Regards,

C.C.~~Tony Zierman is the only one I would ever let getting away with not posting. Tony's the nuts.

04-24-2002, 05:55 PM
You're right Chis, Im sure it's happened to just about every body '''why should u play for nothin''ALWAYS POST UP. BEST REGARDS ,JASON ''THA TWISTER''LAURIA

#### leonard
04-29-2002, 06:47 AM
Roadplayers first rule is if the money isn't up there is no game.####

04-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Obviously this is mostly your fault for not posting the money, but what I want to know is how you can go on the road and GET the wild 7 on a bar table.

05-01-2002, 11:20 AM
You would be suprised as to how players and gamblers will do almost anything to get a game ''''''' regards to ''Dinovirus'' JASON ''THA TWISTER'' LAURIA

Tom_In_Cincy
05-01-2002, 06:34 PM
###
makes you wonder how anyone would NOT learn this and consider themself a 'road player'

Chris Cass
05-01-2002, 08:58 PM
Hi ####,

I thought I'd never hear from you again. So glad you posted. Where have you been? We can afford to hear the things you have to say. Your great knowledge is an asset I can't afford to lose. Are you going to be at Vegas this yr.?

Best Regards,

C.C.~~Yippie!!!

Rod
05-02-2002, 01:59 AM
You were on the road, better do your homework sonny boy where ever you play!

05-09-2002, 04:49 PM
I admit i was wrong for not posting up ,so what's the problem with this picture ? I FEEL THAT IM BEING CRITICIZED FOR NOTHIN I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON AND ITT'LL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN''''''' IM A GAMBLER THATS WHAT I DO. OH AND BY THE WAY MY NAMES JASON NOT SONNYBOY , GIT IT RIGHT NEXT TIME ''''''''''''''''''''''''

#### leonard
05-10-2002, 06:48 AM
Chris I have been lurking I still am having slow going with the new system. After 10 minutes and one post read I usually quit.####