PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare shot!!!!!

cheesemouse
04-23-2002, 08:48 AM
Is it just me or have all of you suffered from a nightmare over a shot you missed at crunch time. I had a five ball shot that I missed in a race to eleven that followed me around for years. I would actually wake-up, sitting bolt up wright in the middle of the night, wringing wet with sweat and then realize it was that ##$%^&%&% five ball again. I haven't had the nightmare in many years but it bedeviled me a longtime. Just wondering if you'ze all have been pestered by such a thing. Curious as a cat....excuse me...mouse. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

04-23-2002, 09:09 AM
Hey Cheesemouse,

Can't say I've had that one! When I have a fever, I have the usual i.e. falling from a bridge, running in slow motion, etc.. Maybe you should shoot the same shot 100x in real life or see an Exorcist?
Good Luck

Eric

BillPorter
04-23-2002, 09:26 AM
Hey Cheese...can't say I have actually awakened from a nightmare over a missed shot, but I still recall missing a ten-ball for my game ball in a one-pocket game back in the mid-sixties! What made it so bad and embarrassing was that it was ball-in-hand!

04-23-2002, 09:27 AM
It wasn't a shot, but about seven years ago beat a person out of $1500.00 on a Fri. night. The following Sunday I was playing in a tourny. After the tourny I went out to the parking lot and found my Lincoln Mark VII's interior was torched! I left the sunroof cracked about an inch and it was determined that someone poured lighter fluid through the opening and set it on fire. Amazingly it went out somehow, but the interior was totally burnt up. There never was enough proof to who did it but 1+1 does equal 2.
That was also the last time I gambled. Even when I won,I lost, (there's my mental block when gambling I guess). The repair bill was roughly $4500.00

MikeM
04-23-2002, 09:46 AM
Absolutely. A few weeks ago in my BCA 8-ball league. I was about to beat a guy 8-1 (and I made his 1 on the break) and totally spazzed the 8-ball shot. The cue ball was hanging in the corner and the 8 was about 1/4 inch away lined up straight for the opposite pocket. Didn't want to play draw or I woulda scratched. I tried to play top and hit it way too hard and the CB followed the 8 right into the hole. Turned an 8-1 win into a 7-8 loss and ended up costing the team two points for the night. I've practiced this shot many, many times since and can make it about 80% of the time by aiming up the table. Still ticks me off that i scratched though.

MM

04-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Hasn't happened to me in pool. But I still recount a hand of poker I played, in a 100 bet hand of texas hold em. Started off with a straight, jack high, and bet big, and turned it into a flush jack high, again not thinking that someone else could have picked up a higher flush, bet big, got raised the same, and lost to a King high flush, leaving me with nothing but money for lunch on my way home.

I have woken up more times than I can remember, having lost 2 large in less than five minutes. Have never played high limit poker since

Rod
04-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Can't say as I have Cheese. I've had a few choice words afterwards though. You know like darn it anyway!!! ha ha ha

Elvis
04-23-2002, 07:43 PM
Just happened last weekend in a big 8 ball tourney. In a race to 3, I was up 2-0 and ran out with "almost" perfect position on the 8 ball. I am bending over to shoot and notice the guy I am playing has his cue broken down and putting it in the bag. I didn't do anything smart like get up and go over to shake his hand but went ahead and shot the easy shot. AND MISSED!!!!! He sharked me so bad that when I pulled my head out of my butt he was shaking my hand after he had won the match...haven't slept good since