PDA

View Full Version : How Many Posters Does It Take 2 Change A Lightbulb

TomBrooklyn
02-17-2004, 04:01 PM
How Many Forum Posters Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

5 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

8 to flame the spell checkers.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

8 know-it-alls to claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

11 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

9 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group.

6 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be
stopped.

15 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all uselight bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

23 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

15 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to
this group.

28 to link all replies to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

1 to quote what some famous person said about light bulbs.

3 to quote a Biblical reference related to light bulbs or light or something.

2 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

2 to ask what is a "FAQ"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

7 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

4 to say search the archives for other posts on light bulbs.

3 to start new threads about light bulbs because the original thread got too long.

1 to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again...

cheesemouse
02-17-2004, 05:13 PM
THAT'S IT...I'M OUTTA HERE.....

Mr Ingrate
02-17-2004, 07:22 PM
How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb.

None ... its a hardware problem.

Rod
02-17-2004, 10:13 PM
One to put their finger in the socket to see if it has power! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One more to see if the previous idiot blew the breaker! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One more to bring out a volt meter.

6 more to argue about what the line voltage should be.

One more to say it doesn't matter if it's 110 or 121 volts.

6 engineers to discuss how many lumens at a certain voltage.

One wife to say, honey I can read just fine! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

recoveryjones
02-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Interesting posts on lightbulbs.I'm a cartoon writer and usually my artist friend draws out my ideas. I've only drawn two cartoons in my life and I used Lightbulb characters to get my joke across. Feel free to check them out at this link:
http://recoveryjonescartoons.com/kevin's_cartoon.htm

My artistic talents are limited , henceforth the simple cartoons.For some better drawings by my artist friend Mike, please feel free to check out the rest of the site.Take care, RJ

Dagwood
02-18-2004, 12:13 AM
Doesn't this thread belong on the RSB?? They would probably give an in depth explaination as to why they are superior at changing lightbulbs than any of the other boards.

Dags

Kato
02-18-2004, 08:26 AM
In my house it only takes one. Of course I'm constantly arguing with myself about it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Rich R.
02-18-2004, 08:49 AM
It must not take any.

For years, I've been told that I am in the dark about everthing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
02-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi Tom,

That's too funny. Remember that post awhile back and you had to figue out what room light didn't work and you had to flip the switches and go outside and something like that. LMAO I guess we'd have to figure out that stuff first. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

dg-in-centralpa
02-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Do you win your arguments?

DG - just wondered

Harold Acosta
02-18-2004, 08:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> How Many Forum Posters Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

5 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

8 to flame the spell checkers.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

8 know-it-alls to claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

11 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

9 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group.

6 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be
stopped.

15 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all uselight bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

23 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

15 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to
this group.

28 to link all replies to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

1 to quote what some famous person said about light bulbs.

3 to quote a Biblical reference related to light bulbs or light or something.

2 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

2 to ask what is a "FAQ"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

7 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

4 to say search the archives for other posts on light bulbs.

3 to start new threads about light bulbs because the original thread got too long.

1 to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again... <hr /></blockquote>

1 to say "Great Post" Tom!....just to add another post to their numbers.....

Did I just do that???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kato
02-19-2004, 12:16 PM
I always lose. Consistently proving to myself that I am smarter than myself /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato~~~has light /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-13-2004, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>
1 to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again... <hr /></blockquote>

I prefer tulip bulbs

bluewolf
03-13-2004, 09:22 PM
None. Wolf says you do it, silly human. You are the one who needs the light, i see just fine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura