PDA

View Full Version : Get together on the 4th in NYC maybe???

Dagwood
02-18-2004, 07:41 AM
I'm going to be heading out of the dirteh' ol' south in about a week and a half, after three years of being stationed down here. Going to be in CT for about a week, then leaving on the 3rd-4th'ish. Was wondering if any fellow CCB'rs would want to get together at maybe Amsterdam East or somewhere else...doesn't matter to me. I used to go into the city once a month before I enlisted, but havn't been in but one time in 5 years now, so I'm kinda itchin to get back in there. I would imagine since you are all in the same general vicinity that you play each other often. I would think that it would be more than likely the 4th...can't make it any later than that...have to be out in Cali by the 12th! (AND still have to stop in GA to pick up all my crap)

Dags

Dagwood
02-19-2004, 12:36 AM
guess not...oh well.

Dags

CarolNYC
02-19-2004, 04:39 AM
Hey Dags,
How are you? The 4th is Thursday-its pretty much a league night for everyone-we're all scattered-from 6 pm on, Im at Corner Billiards-11th and 4th-If you had the time to meet us all, you'd have to stop at "Hall of fame" (Jeans place) in Brooklyn( for Naz), Corner, then Amsterdam! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifIm certain any pool hall you stop in, you'll meet some of us! If we meet up,cool-if not, safe travels and take care of yourself!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dagwood
02-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the info Carol...forgot that th. night is traditionally league night for everyone. Maybe I'll leave a day later...who knows.

Dags /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MarkUrsel
02-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Your suggestion of Amsterdam East is a good one. The league goes from 7 to about 9, and after that, there's a lot of good players hanging around looking for someone to match up against. Our team typically gets into a 9 or 10 ball ring game after the match at $1/$2. Other regular CCB posters play in the league as well.

Dagwood
02-19-2004, 03:25 PM
That deffinitely sounds like a good time...maybe Thursday would be the night to show up...I'll be on the computer for a while up to that point, so I'll figure out exactly what I'm going to be doing before I show up. i do like going to the East side Amsterdam club though. Very nice room.

Dags

Keith Talent
02-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey, and don't forget Amsterdam West ... I think the lighting and the atmosphere are better over there. Over the past couple of weeks it was good enough for Mika and Ginky, whom I caught out of the corner of my eye while I was doing some late-night practicing.

I may well be there late on the 4th ... coming back from a family trip to Florida the day before and probably will be pool-starved.:D

Jimmy B
02-22-2004, 04:37 AM
Hey Dag where are ya in CT. ??? Maybe we can play some here before the 4th.

JB in CT

Dagwood
02-22-2004, 06:00 AM
I'll be up in the New London area, probably spending whatever time I'm not with the family, at Crown Billiards, or at American Billiards in Groton. I may swing down to Action for a night, but that's debatable...it's more likely that I'll head up to Snookers for a night...favorite pool hall. Haven't seen it in a few years, and I'm not going to get the chance for at least another year.

Dags - Wants to visit all the pool rooms, but doesn't have the time!