PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lee, The Teacher and The Man

Gayle in MD
04-23-2002, 01:52 PM
Dear Friends,
I have so much to tell you! As many of you have already read, Scott Lee was here at my home from Wednesday night to Monday evening. He is just a great guy, dedicated teacher, personable companion, elegant trick shooter, and a very giving and thoughtful human being.
His lessons are, first of all, very intense, beautifully structured, and most importantly, extremely effective! His natural ability to communicate his vast understanding of the game, allows for immediate results, and I do mean immediate. While I realize I must practice everything I learned from him in order to get the most out of his teachings, my game has gone up atleast three levels since having this great opportunity to meet and work with Scott. As a matter of faxt, and believe it or not, I am not only doing good draw shots, but can draw the ball in six to eight inch increments all the way down the table. My stroke was transformed in fifteen minutes, and before he left, I was actually doing trick shots, LIL' OL' Gayle from Md.! LOL.
I watched him teach some students (who have played since childhood) what the words, "Follow Through" really mean, people who thought they knew how to follow through with their stroke, but had never made a true follow through shot in their lives I saw his uncanny ability to zero in on specific problems, no matter how subtle or slight, and then correct those same problems in students, who were by the way, no strangers to our great game in some cases, and beginners in other cases. The time he spent with us absolutely flew, as we enjoyed his company so much, and were spellbound by his ability to give lessons to so many people in such a short number of days without the slightest show of impatience, or lack of enthusiasm. I know that Scott will agree that these past few days were probably the most intensive span of teaching he has ever experienced. It was truly remarkable to view his professionalism, and his dedication to his students and our great game, and the results he was able to achieve with so many in such a short time. He will remain in our hearts forever, and we could never thank him enough for going out of his way to come here to Maryland and share this exciting, valuable experience with us. Hats off to you Scott, and all the best in all that you do. You certainly deserve it. We can't wait until you return to give us the next follow up lesson!
Your Friends forever,
Gayle in Md., and Jim in Md.

Scott Lee
04-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Gayle...As I told you on the phone last night, I enjoyed every minute of my time in your home! You're certainly right about the intensity! LOL 14+ hrs. a day on the pool table for that many days, brought me back to my 20's and the nonstop days/nights of playing! It was fun, but it was hard. Next time I will limit lessons to 2-3 per day, to have more time to spend with you guys, and see the area! I had not seen the Annapolis area in years and years, and I am hungry to see the sights next time! You and Jim are true "salt of the earth" people, and I loved staying with you both! I will say I am envious of the lifelong love affair that you two share...and the truth of it is that you two DO deserve each other! LOL I too, look forward to a return visit next fall, and until then, I will remember fondly all the people who came over for lessons. What a fun time we all had! Thanks again for the gracious and generous hospitality!

Scott

Vagabond
04-24-2002, 12:17 AM
Hello mates,
Hope ,I have the opportunity of getting some lessons.When I do I will still be remaining in my mask.LOl.Cheers
Vagabond