PDA

View Full Version : soft foam bridge

SPetty
02-18-2004, 05:31 PM
This past weekend, I had some pool players over, and one commented on the bridge head I use. It's soft and foam and I like it. As far as I know, I bought the last one that Hawley's ever sold.

If anyone is interested, I found it again on eBay, sold by that Buddy Hall seller: Buddy Hall X-Bridge (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3661838436&ssPageName= ADME:B:SS:US:1)

ras314
02-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Darn it, I meant to try that and forgot. I had a plastic bridge a while, put it on a 314 shaft and shot with it a while. Scratched the shaft on one shaft, scratched the ferrule on the other. Good case of dumb butt.

Only thing I'd rather see banned more than a crutch is those dinky little jump cues. I can't use either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Didn't realize you were interested in the 'buska. Figured 1/2 original cost, including the extra 314 shaft would be about right. The cue just does not suite me.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-19-2004, 07:45 AM
I like mine:

http://www.kellersbridge.com/BrdgePlstcFrntSxx.JPG

http://www.kellersbridge.com

Here's how stupid I am. In a league match Monday I needed a bridge but the joint did not have one. After I missed the shot I remembered I had that bridge head in my case.

Wally~~flagellating self

Dagwood
02-19-2004, 02:38 PM
bought one of those myself Wally...it's helped out on a few occasions, esspecially when I've had to jump a ball with it.

Dags

bigshooter
02-19-2004, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>

Only thing I'd rather see banned more than a crutch is those dinky little jump cues. I can't use either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Why would you want the crutch to be banned?
Bigshooter is short - needs crutch very much!

ras314
02-19-2004, 08:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr>
Why would you want the crutch to be banned?
Bigshooter is short - needs crutch very much! <hr /></blockquote>
Obviously if I can't use the thing without a bunch of practice it ought to be illegal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Could be I'm just lazy but I'll shoot offhanded, one handed or just plain miss to advoid using a rake.

CarolNYC
02-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Hey Spetty,
I like it too!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Oh, I "bow to your "POOH-BAH" ness!

CarolNYC
02-20-2004, 05:21 AM
I like that bridge,Wally!
Forgetting you had the bridge wasn;t that stupid /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Stupid is:
Walking around the table,eyeing up a jumpshot,knowing your gonna jump,but then, someone in the audience says"Your chalking the wrong end of your jump cue!"
I knew that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-20-2004, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I like that bridge,Wally!

<font color="blue">I really like the fact that, when playing straight pool, you can turn it on end, raisng your cue about 4" in the air, and bridge over a whole stack of balls for a shot in the lower corner pocket. </font color>

Forgetting you had the bridge wasn;t that stupid /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Stupid is:
Walking around the table,eyeing up a jumpshot,knowing your gonna jump,but then, someone in the audience says"Your chalking the wrong end of your jump cue!"

<font color="blue">No. Stupid is shooting a straight in 8-ball and watching the cue-ball follow it into the pocket. I did that last night against a tough opponent in the first game. I haven't done that for at least 2 years I would bet. Bad timing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn
02-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Did you take any pictures? From past pictures it looks like you have a pretty big place there, is that a seperate building?

SPetty
02-20-2004, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Did you take any pictures? From past pictures it looks like you have a pretty big place there, is that a separate building? <hr /></blockquote>Hi Popcorn,

Sid_Vicious was the man with the camera this time. Spiderman had the camera last time, and promised me pics, but I never got them even though he says he gave them to me. (I think they're on a CD in his bottom drawer at work...) I'm hoping Sid will make a CD with the pics on it for me, but I haven't asked him yet. Sid, you out there?

PettyPoint Pool Hall (recently dubbed The Best Little Poolhouse In Texas!) is a separate building with a 24' X 40' footprint. It houses a 9' Diamond Pro and a 7' Valley Cougar and comfortably fits a dozen or so pool players. There's a full bath downstairs, and a large guest room upstairs that'll sleep 6-10 people, with a large shower bath.

You're welcome to stop by and see it in person sometime if you'd like. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif