PDA

View Full Version : Ewa Laurence on TV

Vapros
02-18-2004, 07:37 PM
I watched the women's match this morning on TV. Ewa Laurence said 'absolutely' so many times I finally muted the show and watched it in silence. Anybody else?

ChrisW
02-19-2004, 07:58 AM
She's "absolutely" "phenomenal".

rukiddingme
02-19-2004, 11:00 AM
if she says "absolutely PERFECT shot" one more time I think I'll throw my cue at the TV!...
ruk

9 Ball Girl
02-19-2004, 11:15 AM
I like when Jeanette Lee says "Hubba Hubba" to a good shot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rukiddingme
02-19-2004, 11:16 AM
I neglected to mention "perfect position", "perfect bank", "perfect stroke" "perfect break" "perfect safety"
"perfect angle" .... in short she has become a "perfect" pain in the _ss!
ruk
I just needed to get that off my chest...lol

ChrisW
02-19-2004, 11:55 AM
I am sure I am in the minority here but I would rather listen to Jeanette Lee as a commentator than watch her play. I believe she is the best Player/Commentator that I have seen doing TV matches. I think dawn Hopkins is very good also.

Chris

RailbirdJAM
02-19-2004, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> I watched the women's match this morning on TV. Ewa Laurence said 'absolutely' so many times I finally muted the show and watched it in silence. Anybody else? <hr /></blockquote>

Speaking off the cuff real time is difficult, and I think Ewa Laurence is great. She complements any pool match on TV with her grace and hard-earned knowledge of the game. Her voice is not only easy to listen to, but she gives the viewing audience tidbits during matches that I find interesting.

She is a veteran pool player who does actually possess wisdom, something that can only be gained from MANY, MANY years of experience.

I think Ewa Laurence is <font color="blue">ABSOLUTELY</font color> stupendous, and I look forward to seeing more of her on TV, especially after her recent Hall of Fame induction.

RailbirdJAM

Rich R.
02-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Anything Ewa says, is "absolutely" "perfect" to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The more Ewa talks, the less I have to listen to Mitch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheesemouse
02-19-2004, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I like when Jeanette Lee says "Hubba Hubba" to a good shot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

9 Ball Girl,

I agree with you, she was refreshing. I was surprised by her earthy speaking style. With her glamorious image I figured she would be formal but instead. I think she is a smut mouth when nobody is around....hehehe...of course, I think all pool players are smut mouths...LOL...She can hardly stop herself for cussing and giggling; very mischievous and naughty....I liked her as a commentator......

9 Ball Girl
02-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Well, I can tell you that I had dinner with her once. It was me, T. Robles, J. Lee and her husband George and the "smut" mouths there were not the guys! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Perk
02-19-2004, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>
very mischievous and naughty....I liked her as a commentator...... <hr /></blockquote>

Oh man, now I got images going through my head. Look what you started. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dagwood
02-19-2004, 03:18 PM
AMEN Rich...

Dags

Dagwood
02-19-2004, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Well, I can tell you that I had dinner with her once. It was me, T. Robles, J. Lee and her husband George and the "smut" mouths there were not the guys! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I haven't met George, but I've met and talked with Tony on a few occasions...hearing him cuss would be like hearing TK from FLA cuss....I think the pope would pass out! lol

Dags

9 Ball Girl
02-19-2004, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dagwood:</font><hr> I've met and talked with Tony on a few occasions...hearing him cuss would be like hearing TK from FLA cuss....I think the pope would pass out! lol

Dags <hr /></blockquote>Ah, you don't know him like I know him...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dagwood
02-19-2004, 03:33 PM
I admittedly don't...but when I did meet him he was one of the nicest pro's I had met to that point. Of course the only comparison I had to make to him was Frankie...so it's not too hard to distiguish "nice guy" from "a$$hole"....lol. (well, Frankie isn't so bad, but he does like to woof alot.) TK from FLA...what can I say. He tells the worst jokes I've ever heard in my life, but he's a heck of a guy.

Dags

stlshooter
02-19-2004, 04:21 PM
I feel that our sport needs education of the listening audience to convert them into serious players and grow the sport. This should be the role of the commentator while providing some fun insights into the players. This type of engaging listening will create favorites for the audience to feel involved with that makes watching more interesting than seeing two players and not caring about who wins. I agree that Jeanette has a lot to offer and her sincere passion comes across.

SPetty
02-19-2004, 05:01 PM
I have to agree with RailbirdJAM. I like Ewa as a commentator.

I also liked Jeanette recently and agree she was more colorful with just as good of a command of the game.

I laughed way out loud at Jeanette, however. I don't remember exactly what match it was, but Karen Corr was at the table with a tough cut into the side pocket. Not that the shot itself was so tough, but shape was hard to come by. Jeanette was talking it up a mile a minute about how she could shoot it this way or that way, when Karen got down on the shot and shot a safety that Jeanette, shotmaker that she is, wouldn't in her wildest dreams have shot. She was mid-sentence about how Karen had to shoot it into the side when she was stunned into silence by the safety shot. Very funny.