PDA

View Full Version : HUEBLER CUES -GOOD CUES?

KAM007
02-19-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm thinking about buying a new Huebler pool cue. Does anyone have any information on the quality of Hueblers? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks

tateuts
02-19-2004, 12:42 AM
I would say that most of them are very good cues. I have five Hueblers including two custom shop models, the Ivory Chess cue and the Ivory Twist. Everything about Hueblers is "just right". All of mine are older, the newest being from 1996. The balance on all my Hueblers is decidedly neutral. The hit is not too harsh, not too soft, "just right". Very little noise and vibration because of the flat joint design and nylon insert in the shaft I guess.

Their spliced cues with the sharp points are the way to go. Some of the newer designs and stains are funky looking - so choose carefully.

Chris

KAM007
02-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on a website that would be good to buy from? There are no dealers in my area that sell them.

tateuts
02-19-2004, 01:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote KAM007:</font><hr> Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on a website that would be good to buy from? There are no dealers in my area that sell them. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, it's a problem because Huebler's policy doesn't allow their cues to be sold at a discount over the internet. Most Hueblers are sold through outlets that sell tables to the public and pool room pro shops. My suggestion is that you call them and get a catalog with retail prices to pick out your cue:

http://www.hueblercue.com/how2buy.htm

Then, when you have an idea what you want, call them again and ask them if there's a dealer in your area. If not, ask them to extend a dealers rate to you. The retail prices are pretty inflated.

If they won't do that, Pechauers are good cues too.

Chris

JPB
02-19-2004, 08:28 AM
I have a Heubler I got in the late '80's. The build quality is fine. Good fit and finish etc.... The cue itself is a dog. The thing has no feel yet vibrates like a tuning fork. Seems hard to do much with the cueball, but isn't a low deflection cue. The balance is terrible. It has a metal joint collar which probably weighs about 7 pounds, yet the overall weight is only 19.5. The hit doesn't quite feel right. Maybe it is just me. Maybe it is just my cue. But I detest mine. Once in a while I break with it or shoot a rack or two with it to make sure I hate it. I ran out w/ it once last week but still hated it. So maybe it is just me. I got my name on the butt so won't sell it though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PQQLK9
02-19-2004, 09:55 AM
I have one of their 25th anniversary models (AH3) .It's a great looking cue and plays well for me.
I bought mine from Recreational Factory Warehouse in Charlotte 10 years ago.(they no longer sell them). I did send it back to Huebler to get a PRO taper on the shaft and also installed a Moori Tip.
I don't use mine regularly but I think it's a nice cue.

woody_968
02-19-2004, 11:39 AM
There are more good cue companys out there than you can shake a stick at /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Huebler is one of them, they make a good cue at a reasonable price.

That being said its all about personal preference. As with all cues, some will like the hit and some will not.

hondo
02-19-2004, 02:23 PM
I thought Huebler went out of business?

MarkUrsel
02-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Not out of business, but Paul Huebler retired and sold the business. Hopefully the new owners make cues as nice as he did. I had a Huebler for a ew years, and it was a nice, solid playing cue.

Check out www.hueblercue.com (http://www.hueblercue.com) .

tateuts
02-19-2004, 04:36 PM
I think Paul took the company back again and is running everything. I spoke to him a few months ago.

Chris

KAM007
02-20-2004, 12:56 AM
I met Paul Huebler about 20 years ago at a national 8-ball tournament in Fort Worth,Texas. He took the time to clean my stick for me. I had a Huebler at the time, wish I had never sold it. I also met Willie Mosconi and U.J. Puckett at the tourney. It was and still is a great memory for me. I got my picture taken with Willie and he signed the back of a questionare that was being passed out at the tournament. He and his wife ( I think her name was Mary) were very gracious to me while I was gushing over seeing him. I just got back into playing after a quite long hiatis. Thanks for the responses.

JohnBarton
02-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Good solid cues. Hold up well. Good hit. Good company.

John