PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Tragedy

wolfdancer
02-19-2004, 05:10 PM
This wouldn't qualify as a tragedy, except that it happened to me
Stepped outside to see if I could get better reception on my new AT&T cell phone...and my one leg took off in one direction, while my other was hung up in the sliding door track...I knew i was in trouble, when i was now looking squarely at the bottom of my foot...don't think feet are meant to bend at that ankle. End result is 2 broken bones, and surgery scheduled for mon...and another 8 weeks on crutches. I have new found admiration for folks that have to use crutches...took me 3 days to figure out how to climb stairs with them...and little things like taking a cup of coffee into another room, become an adventure
The good news however...I saved a bunch of money, by not buying Geico...nor any other car ins. Hey, that's what that uninsured motorist fee is for. Besides, i paid so much for them tickets, I felt it was double jeopardy for the ins co's to raise my rates so high...and that's unconstitutional
Actually the good news was that I now noticed AT&T wireless was up for auction...bought fri...sold tues...but that profit will be eaten up by med costs. I'm thinking of sueing AT&T...but can't find an att'y sharp enough to see the connection, even though it's as plain as ABC
If
(A)T&T hadn't sold me the phone, then I wouldn't have been
(B)rowsing for a signal, and wouldn't have ended up on
(C)rutches.
No pool...no golf for another 2 month's...just Regis and Kathy...and as the world turns
It's Chinese water torture
AND be careful...don't walk and use a cell phone at the same time

Cueless Joey
02-19-2004, 06:04 PM
I feel your pain. I sprained my ankle back in '95 playing basketball. It's still sprained to this day.

Barbara
02-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey jd!

Look at the bright side! You'll be online with us more often and the newer ccbers will get a great look at your humor.

Plus, I hope your bones heal well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

p.s. jd's humor is about as subtle as.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
02-19-2004, 11:15 PM
thanks, for the kind words, Barbara. Been too busy to post, but i'm a pro lurker...and have enjoyed reading the ongoing discssions. jjd

wolfdancer
02-19-2004, 11:18 PM
thanks for the sympathy...hope my injury heals jes a mite faster'n yours...and hope yours finally stops aching...

Rich R.
02-20-2004, 05:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> No pool...no golf for another 2 month's...just Regis and Kathy...<hr /></blockquote>
You better check back with your doctor!!!!!!!
Your fall must have affected your eyesight too.

"Kathy" is long gone and has been replaced by Kelly.
Kelly is much better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regis remains steadfast. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess your going to be spending a lot of time on the CCB? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif