PDA

View Full Version : eBay Fraud emails

JimS
02-20-2004, 06:54 AM
I've been getting emails informing me that I should click on the link to update my eBay account information.

I didn't bite and forwarded the email to eBay's spoof email address and sure enough they mailed back that it was a fraud intended to access my account information.

Don't bite.

JimS
02-21-2004, 07:57 AM
Got another one today. Don't bite.

tateuts
02-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi Jim,

I recently did a thread on it - sounds like the same scam - here's the thread:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=124305&page=1&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I was getting one every day from these jerks. I finally put blocking on their e-mail address.

Chris

JimS
02-22-2004, 10:14 AM
I got four of them this week. Don't bite!!!

dg-in-centralpa
02-22-2004, 01:08 PM
I got a few from ebay as well. Recently I started getting them from Paypal even though I don't have an account with them. I'm also getting an infected email from paypal at least twice a day.

DG

dooziexx
02-23-2004, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> I've been getting emails informing me that I should click on the link to update my eBay account information.

I didn't bite and forwarded the email to eBay's spoof email address and sure enough they mailed back that it was a fraud intended to access my account information.

Don't bite. <hr /></blockquote>

Ive been getting them from both ebay and paypal. Some look like the real stuff but I didnt bite. Just forward them to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com...

Fleece3
02-23-2004, 05:02 PM
I used to get these. The fraud/scam artists generally targets people who's user name is also their email address. Change your user name and the messages should stop. Mine did.