PDA

View Full Version : pool hall in bloomington, il?

shayla
02-20-2004, 03:03 PM
I'll be in Bloomington, IL for a couple of days in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if there were any pool halls in this town worth going to?

Thanks in advance,
Shayla

BLACKHEART
02-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Try"RIDE THE NINE" near the airport. Good food & bar area & about 20 tables. Wpba player Sarah Rousey's Dad used to have a part ownership. Tournaments on Saturdays & Mondays...JER

Scott Lee
02-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Ride The Nine is a nice room. Also, the BBC, or Billiard & Bowling Center, on the ISU campus, has a great gameroom, with 20 older Gold Crowns. It's open to anyone, to come play.

Scott Lee

Chris Cass
02-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Hi JER,

If I might add they have some 9 fts and mostly 8 fts. They keep the tables up pretty good and don't dare flip a coin and land on the cloth. A big no no. They also have Cuetech rental cues and sell cues. They have a good turn out usually in their tourneys due to the break pot.

They take out money every tourney for this break pot out of the entrys. If you are picked then, you'll get to break. If you make the 9 on the snap you'll win the pot. Last I've heard they've had 2 $1000. pots. It builds up quick and they'll do $1000. break pots. If you get lucky enough to get to break one. Try breaking from 4" off the head spot. This is an 8 ft table and I think it's the best place to break from. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck,

C.C.

SRpool
02-21-2004, 05:48 AM
Shayla,

The pool room is pretty nice, the food is good and the people are usually friendly. I would reccommend going there to practice. There are lunch specials (food and pool time) and live entertainment most nights of the week (seperated from the pool room) Chris is right, there are four 9ft tables, nine 8ft tables and five 7ft tables. The tournaments are played on the 8ft tables and the break contest is on the 9ft tables. Oh by the way, Wednesday is Ladies night. Women get free pool.

The ISU bowling and billiard center isn't bad either. There is no bar and no smoking. The tables are older and a little slower and there are alot of young kids. They have all 9ft tables, a 10ft snooker table and a billiard table. If you get bored playing pool you can always go bowling right in the same room.

Take care and have fun.
Sarah

SPetty
02-21-2004, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SRpool:</font><hr>If you get bored playing pool ...<hr /></blockquote>Hi Sarah,

You're funny!

Bored playing pool.. hahahahaha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SRpool
02-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Well, you never know, it could happen.

Sarah

Scott Lee
02-22-2004, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SRpool:</font><hr> Well, you never know, it could happen.

Sarah <hr /></blockquote>

To us hard core CCB "pool kooks"?...nah! LOL

Scott