View Full Version : Converting a Pocket Table to a Billiard Table

04-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Do any of you remember those things that go in the pockets that enable you to play Billiards on a Pool Table?

Any idea where to find em?

04-24-2002, 07:31 AM
I remember them but don't know where to find them. I may make some. It seems like they'd be easy to make and I would think they would have to be made custom for any table that was not a high production standard table.

There's a 10 foot convertible table that I might try to purchase when the room closes but maybe they will want to keep it. I made a $2,000 offer on an old BBC Southern 9 foot convertible but they wanted more. It was probably worth a lot more.
Ken in CT

04-24-2002, 02:25 PM
Unless you are willing to pay (heavily!) for some custom-made inserts, you are going to have to be incredibly lucky. I just called Blatt Billiards and Mueller Sporting Goods. They say nobody makes these things anymore. If you're handy, and not too critical, try and find a junker somebody is getting rid of, and cut some cushion sections off, and make them fit into your pockets. Or try a pool table repair shop and see if they have any throwaway custions they'll let you have.

05-07-2002, 09:49 PM
This is from an ad in Billiard Digest, Feb, 1989. Maybe the company still sells them.
Will fit all professional pocket tables manufactured to BCA specifications.
Precision Carom Plug

Brandt Billiard Supply Inc.
651 N.W. 124 th St.
N. Miami, Fl. 33168