PDA

View Full Version : Converting a Pocket Table to a Billiard Table

04-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Do any of you remember those things that go in the pockets that enable you to play Billiards on a Pool Table?

Any idea where to find em?

Thanks,

Hawk

Ken
04-24-2002, 07:31 AM
I remember them but don't know where to find them. I may make some. It seems like they'd be easy to make and I would think they would have to be made custom for any table that was not a high production standard table.

There's a 10 foot convertible table that I might try to purchase when the room closes but maybe they will want to keep it. I made a $2,000 offer on an old BBC Southern 9 foot convertible but they wanted more. It was probably worth a lot more.
Ken in CT

04-24-2002, 02:25 PM
Unless you are willing to pay (heavily!) for some custom-made inserts, you are going to have to be incredibly lucky. I just called Blatt Billiards and Mueller Sporting Goods. They say nobody makes these things anymore. If you're handy, and not too critical, try and find a junker somebody is getting rid of, and cut some cushion sections off, and make them fit into your pockets. Or try a pool table repair shop and see if they have any throwaway custions they'll let you have.

05-07-2002, 09:49 PM
This is from an ad in Billiard Digest, Feb, 1989. Maybe the company still sells them.
AT LAST! A QUALITY CAROM PLUG.
Will fit all professional pocket tables manufactured to BCA specifications.
Precision Carom Plug

Brandt Billiard Supply Inc.
651 N.W. 124 th St.
N. Miami, Fl. 33168
305-688-2661