PDA

View Full Version : What is the best cue lathe?

Iceman
02-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Hello to all fellow billiards and cue sport lovers. I have a question which has some depth to which all can answer and few would know. I talk of the beast I call the "CUE LATHE". I say this because I seek this elusive wonder to snare and hide in my basement,to create my own trophy of sorts made of mostly "WOOD". I wish to ask. Which is the best? All answers are greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking :-) Iceman /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cueless Joey
02-22-2004, 09:53 PM
11 by 36 Logans or Clusing are great for cuemaking.
You will need a taper bar and router to go with a lathe.
Joe Porper makes a cueamakers lathe but it has no thread gear. You will need taps and dies to thread with a Porper
(which I don't like).
Real cuemakers thread the right way.

hadenball
02-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Iceman,

You can get a Hightower cue lathe for 2500.00 that is pretty much turn key. I have 2500 just in my lathe without any tooling , router, taper bars etc. you get the idea. The cue lathe you can move pretty easy, the metal lathe forget it, it is where it is. lol.
I made my own butt taper bar but havent' done the shaft bar yet, I still buy them from a very reputable guy already tapered and ready for sanding. Hope this helps. haden