PDA

View Full Version : hearing in the morning

sack316
02-23-2004, 10:41 PM
hey all, have my DUI hearing in the morning at 8:30, about to head off to bed so I can be half awake for it. Wish me luck please!

Wally_in_Cincy
02-24-2004, 07:22 AM
Good luck

Wally~~has the t-shirt /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato
02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Bummer, best of luck.

Kato

UWPoolGod
02-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Bummer dude. I also was in court this morning for that. I was pulled over speeding 8 over the limit and blew a 0.072 and they still took me in for DUI (0.08 in WA). They originally offered me Neg1 and 1 day of work crew, which I didn't take. This morning they came back with Neg2 and nothing else so i took that. Better to pay the fine than have the chance of losing the case based on their expert...you end up losing license for 3 months, high risk insurance for 3 years, fine, day in jail... on top of my own company policies for driving their vehicles and whatnot. Plus I saved money by not having to pay $900 for our own defense expert to come testify. Man they are all vultures.

sack316
02-24-2004, 03:16 PM
thanks for the support. I had hired a lawyer and have been wondering if it would be worth it, and the answer is now a very very happy yes! he got me about as good as you can get. I didn't have to say a word at all, got to move up and go first in every part of court today, and actually got a pre-trial diversion. I should be getting in the court referral program, which will be a year probation, going to a crapload of meetings and stuff, and random testings throughout my probation period. After that I will be free and clear without fines (less the cost of DUI school and stuff of course) but mainly it will be off my record. It will still show me as being charged, but the case will be shown as dismissed. I got very very lucky. Just hoping now I can take this and learn my lesson and straighted up a little now. Thanks forall the support though guys!

woody_968
02-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Glad to hear things went well for you today!

Wally_in_Cincy
02-25-2004, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr>
thanks for the support. I had hired a lawyer and have been wondering if it would be worth it, and the answer is now a very very happy yes!

<font color="blue">Since the lawyers and judges are all drinking buddies the judge gets pissed if you don't hire a lawyer. It's like paying protection money to the whole cabal.

I know we have at least one CCBer who is a lawyer and I hope I'm not out of line. </font color>

..a year probation, going to a crapload of meetings and stuff, and random testings throughout my probation period. After that I will be free and clear without fines (less the cost of DUI school and stuff of course) but mainly it will be off my record. It will still show me as being charged, but the case will be shown as dismissed....

<font color="blue">All things considered, you are fortunate. </font color>

I got very very lucky. Just hoping now I can take this and learn my lesson and straighted up a little now. ...

<font color="blue">That would be wise. They will hammer you next time, lawyer or no lawyer. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

sack316
02-25-2004, 11:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr>
<font color="blue">Since the lawyers and judges are all drinking buddies the judge gets pissed if you don't hire a lawyer. It's like paying protection money to the whole cabal.

actually that was one aspect my lawyer told me would help in hiring him (he is actually a good friend of a good friend of mine). But he did say that they are usually much more leniant with those who hire lawyers because the ones who defend themselves tend to bring in a thousand witnesses and take up so much time. So the courts tend to reward those with lawyers that keep things flowing and quick. Which I also witnessed meself at 2 lawfirms I used to work at.