PDA

View Full Version : Adler Tables?

soupy
02-23-2004, 10:45 PM
There's lots of talk here about Diamond, Brunswick and Kasson ... but I conducted a search and couldn't find any feedback about Adler.

The main reason I'm looking at one of their tables is design. They've got a superbly clean design in the Metropolitan.

Here are some photos of it:

http://www.cornerstonebilliards.com/shopping/metropolitan2.jpg (by default)

http://adlerpooltable.com/adler/images/metropolitan_tap.jpg (Custom job with tapered legs, thinner cabinet, maple)

I'm looking at a custom job like the second image. It'll cost me about 10k.

They seem to use a quality slate (1 and 1/16th thick). But beyond that I've never played on one, and have never even seen one in person.

Your advice is much appreciated.

soupy
02-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Surely someone has an opinion!? Are there any really clean, modern-looking tables available in the same price range from one of the better-known vendors?

SPetty
02-24-2004, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote soupy:</font><hr> The main reason I'm looking at one of their tables is design.<hr /></blockquote>soupy, no need to get impatient. Sometimes you just gotta give us a little time.

If your main criteria is design, then by all means get one that looks like you want. It seems that you have a definite style in mind.

If your most important criteria is playability, then plenty of folks here will have an opinion. We're mostly pool players, not furniture designers, so we mostly know about playability rather than beauty of design.

Good luck.

soupy
02-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the response, SP.

Design isn't my main criteria, just the main reason I'm considering an Adler table. It's not my main criteria for a table overall. In order of importance, I'm looking for:

- Playability
- Quality of materials (slate, felt, supports, cabinetry)
- Durability (defined as consistency in playability over time)
- Design
- Value

Sorry to have sounded impatient. I simply wanted to reframe the question in another way: for the same price range, and with the same design consideration, is there a better deal out there that addresses my criteria?

Thanks again!

Wally_in_Cincy
02-24-2004, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote soupy:</font><hr>
...Sorry to have sounded impatient....<hr /></blockquote>

You're not being dissed. It's quite possible that nobody here has heard of or played on this particular brand of table.

soupy
02-24-2004, 10:04 PM
No problem, Wally. I'm hoping that I won't need to make a trip somewhere to play on one of the tables and inspect it up close, but that's looking like a possibility if nobody here has played on one. Either that or settle for a known manufacturer.