PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Hockey Draft

Mr Ingrate
02-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Any CCBers out there interested in hockey drafts?

I've recently completed my "The Hockey Draft Director" and am interested in getting some BETA testers for a Stanley Cup Draft.

You will not have to input any statistics as they will be made available for download from the web site.

Basically a draft is a bunch of guys getting together at a location with lots of beer and pizza, hot wings, etc. Each manager drafts a player in each round. You set the number of players each manager picks (total rounds). A manager may not draft a player who has already been drafted. Prior to the actual drafting of players, you may print "Pick Lists" that are base on the regular season stats giving each player's per game potential points. You don't have to be a hockey expert as the draft pick lists point you in the right direction. From time to time updated statistics can be dowloaded and manager status reports run. At the end of the playoffs, the wind-up party is scheduled to hand out prizes and consume more large quantities food and drink.

If you want to participate in the BETA test and run a local hockey playoff draft in your area go to my web site:

The Hockey Draft Director (http://members.shaw.ca/hockeytools/)

to download the software.

Once downloaded, go into your activation and get your installation code. Send me an email with the installation code and I'll send you an activation that will get you through the playoffs and beyond.

The regular season ends on April 4, 2004. Prep stats should be available for download on April 5th. I expect the playoffs to start on April 6th. My own draft in Victoria is on April 6th.

As Red Green says "I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together. Keep your stick on the ice."

Kato
02-24-2004, 02:31 PM
Dave, I've been doing fantasy baseball for 14 years now as both a single owner and more recently as a limited partner. I've also owned my own football team in a league I helped organize 6 seasons ago. The draft is by far the most fun you could possibly have. Some of our e-mail trash talkin' wars are legendary. The one thing I don't miss about fantasy baseball is the 3 a.m. phone calls. 16 teams, it's almost impossible to sleep.

Kato