PDA

View Full Version : Profficient Billiard's Modified Break Cues

boalt06
02-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Profficient sells a modifid player's break cue for $95. Has anybody used/heard about these cues. What about the Sledgehammer?
Thank You All for the advice
EG

tgscordv6
02-24-2004, 09:05 PM
I have heard about it, but what is exactly modified to perform as well as other JB cues? I'm about to order the Bunjee one for $135.

Popcorn
02-24-2004, 11:59 PM
It is a just a Players cue they may have put in the second joint and maybe a better tip for jumping. Cheap cue at best.

boalt06
02-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the info (and possibly preventing me from wasting 90 dollars. What know you of the Sledgehammer cue?
Thank You,
EG

Chris Cass
02-25-2004, 11:15 AM
I predict they outlaw the dang thing. It's like stealing and has nothing to do with pool.

C.C.~~only used for 9ball IMO.

Leviathan
02-26-2004, 11:48 AM
EG:

A fellow I play against in local tournaments bought a Sledgehammer a couple of weeks ago. I don't think he breaks any better with the Sledgehammer than he used to break with a Schmelke sneaky pete that sells for less than $100.

A good break is mainly the result of good technique, and no cue can compensate for poor technique. The Sledgehammer is a high-quality cue, but I think that a beginner or intermediate player might be smart to break with his playing cue, or a cheap production stick, and spend the money he saves on a couple of lessons and some extra time at the practice table.

Got the 5-colones note; thanks, it's very handsome.

Pura vida,

AS