PDA

View Full Version : A learning experience

Pelican
02-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Returned last Sat night from a week long trip. Three days of that trip were a real learning experience. I treated myself to 18 hours of instruction from Mr. Grady Mathews of Columbia, SC. It was fantastic. We arrived at his and Ms Randi's (his wife) home on Tues morning. As Grady walked out to greet us (my wife was with me) I suddenly had the feeling that I knew how Moses must have felt when he went up the mountain.

Grady's easy going style made learning very easy and enjoyable. While we touched on several aspects I primarly went to Grady because of my recent interest in one-pocket. I figured, might as well go to one of the true legends of the game. Fortunately, I taped all of our sessions as there was just too much information for my old tired brain to absorb and retain in that short period of time. Now all I have to do is play the tapes and practice, practice, practice.

Ms Randi is a hoot! Turns out she loves to shop as much as my wife does, so they got together and worked the malls. No telling what this caper is going to wind up costing Grady 'n me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Three days? That's a lot of knowledge there. It will probably take a year to absorb it all.

I only met Grady twice briefly but he seems like a really interesting guy to talk to. Sounds like you had fun.

Pelican
02-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Wally, if you ever meet up with Grady again be sure and MAKE TIME to talk with him for a while. One facinating individual.