PDA

View Full Version : 13 ahead for 5k !

bigshooter
02-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Tulsa Billiard Palace this afternoon.
Road player from Kentucky versus a local.
13 ahead for $5000.00
Local guy was up by 9 when I left, I'm heading back over to see what happens - Gotta Go!

JohnBarton
02-25-2004, 08:08 PM
I don't even want to talk about Tulsa. I spent a week there last Tuesday and Wednsday. We get there about midnight and my buddy is in action at about 12:30. Then he proceeds to play for 24 hours! About ten hours in they end up playing for a hundred a game and at one point we are up a thousand. My buddy tells his opponent he won't quit winner and the opponent says he has 80 barrels! At 24 hours they agreed to quit and we ended up about $400 winner after table time. I got home 30 hours after we left and my total net winnings amounted to about $36.

What a night. Tulsa is TOUGH action but if someone can bring their game they can get some good scores.

John

Chris Cass
02-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Ouch!

Ralph S.
02-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Can you say ACTION!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigshooter
02-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Well, I left at 3:30 a.m. local guy was up by 3.
He was up to 11 four times and down by as many as 4 a few times, IT IS A GRUELING BATTLE!
They had been playing for 13 hours when I left and no end in sight.
Total money on the line including the $2000.00 side bet is
$14'000 and thats just what I know of.
I'm heading back over about noon if there still at it.
By the way the road player is from Mississippi not Kentucky and he goes by the name "littlejohn" if that means anything to anybody.
I guess they have played each other before.
Its pretty cool they have yellow caution tape around all the surrounding tables so nobody can play next to them and there have been as many as 100 spectators watching at one time.
You gotta love the Billiard Palace, they have a $5.00 nine ball tourney rated 5 and under on one side of the room and a death match for $14'000 on the other side of the room being played right beside a sign that says
"no gambling" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-26-2004, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr>
..."littlejohn"...<hr /></blockquote>

Fairly well-known gambler.

Wally~~doesn't know him

Perk
02-26-2004, 10:42 AM
"Hennesseee"

I think of wiskey when I hear that.

bigshooter
02-26-2004, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JohnBarton:</font><hr>
Tulsa is TOUGH action but if someone can bring their game they can get some good scores.

John <hr /></blockquote>

TOUGH Action is an understatement for Tulsa!
The local guy won, it finally wrapped up about 4:30 a.m.
and by the way I forgot the mention the local was giving the 7 ball to the road player.
Yes Tulsa does have some TOUGH action.
I hear rumors of a match with Danny Harriman and a few other locals before this guy leaves town.
Could be fun!

Bigshooter likes $5.00 action! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
02-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Howdy Bigman,
Billiard palace is number 1 in USA.I love that place.Lil John is a high roller and he is from Hattiesberg,MS.Do u mind mentioning the name of your local player who beat Lil john? By any chance is it Gabe Owen?
By the way be carefull at that place.A police car is always there (after 9 or 10 Pm) in the parking lot.The Cop may get u for DWI. cheers
Vagabond

Eric.
02-27-2004, 10:31 AM
It's not Hennessee. Lil John goes by Lil John. He usually bets high and is a known player.

Eric

Papasmurf
02-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Lil john is from San Antonio. He moved to Dallas a few months ago. I know him really well and played against him. His real name is John Hagger.

bigshooter
02-27-2004, 03:40 PM
No its not Gabe, its guy named Andy not sure of his last name, He got second in the Midwest nine ball event last month at the Palace, hes originally from Springfield, MO
I am told.
Very young looking tall kid, looks barely old enough to drink.
He's fun to watch, goes for a lot of shots, very loose and fast style of play, sends the cue ball all over the table, leaves himself a lot of long thin cut shots and makes them all and seems to be fearless.

UTAddb
02-27-2004, 05:43 PM
do you know where in dallas john drew plays? It would be cool to watch him play.

SRpool
02-28-2004, 02:59 AM
I'm pretty sure if the John was going by Lil John it is Lil John from Hattiesburg. John Hager goes by John Hager of John Drew. The kid he played sounds like Andy Friedhoffen...I think that is how it is spelled but I'm not sure. Both of them play good. Tulsa is a tough place to visit.

JohnBarton
02-28-2004, 09:29 AM
I concur about the identity. Lil John is John Macias. John Hager could probably give Andy the 7 - but this is just my uninformed opinion not having seen very much of either of them.

John

Tommy_Davidson
02-29-2004, 01:14 AM
&gt; Little John is a character for sure,plays pretty well and loves to bet,the higher the better. Jonathon Hennessee is maybe the 8 better than Little John,close to Amar Kang's speed,although I think Amar is much more consistent. Gabe has offered Hennessee weight I think,but not sure if they played. Loren Lewis,instrumental in Shane McMinn's development,said once that half of all the great players in the world live in Tulsa. It must sure look like it,with players like Gabe,Shane,John Gabriel,James Walden,Danny Harriman,and about 20 others close to that speed. The only room I can think of that might have a more imposing regular lineup would be Hard Times. Tommy D.

Eric.
03-01-2004, 10:05 AM
I hear ya Tommy. Some rooms just turn into champion nests. A room near me used to have some great players. West End Billiards in NJ used to have a weekly tournament with nothing but champions. Mizerak, Hopkins, Ray Martin, Johnny Ervolino, Pete Margo, and a bunch more , used to be regulars there. It looked like the friggin US Open when you went in there...

Eric

Vagabond
03-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Howdy Eric,
I refused to gamble there.My opponent,after loosing some money,could jump on me with his friends in that weird car parking lot.It was very unsafe.I told myself that I should never go to that joint in my life.When I am on the road I pay attention to all these matters.Cheers
Vagabond