PDA

View Full Version : Billiards Shoes

bigalerickson
02-25-2004, 04:32 PM
I have officially picked out my favorite pair of shoes to shoot pool in. This stemmed from playing at home a lot, and realizing that playing in my socks or sandals was hurting my game. So, I picked out a pair of well supported leather shoes that I don whether im playing in shorts, sweats, or slacks.

Does anyone else do this?

Do you have a pair of shoes that you'll always put on when you're going out to shoot?

Just curious.

Sid_Vicious
02-25-2004, 04:56 PM
I find the most comfortable, arch-supported sports type shoe I can find, buy two pairs and carry the second pair for a change out during the middle of a lengthy tournament/match. Your feet are the most tiresome(and important) physcal body part you have(imo), but most people never think about foot fatigue. Toss a fresh pair on sometime after you've played a while, and see what the difference is...sid

Frank_Glenn
02-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Since my first pair of SAS shoes, I put nothing else on my feet. Seriously, they are great. My Podiatrist put me onto them, and he was correct.

bigalerickson
02-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the tip Sid. -Alex

Rod
02-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Frank,

Where do you buy these shoes? My feet never bother me but I'm always looking for a good pair of shoes.

Rod

UTAddb
02-25-2004, 07:10 PM
This may be strange but I love my ratty old adidas sandals. They're comfortable and I wear them kind of as a tradition and people know me by the kid who always wears sandals.

Frank_Glenn
02-25-2004, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Frank,

Where do you buy these shoes? My feet never bother me but I'm always looking for a good pair of shoes.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Saxon shoes and the Red Wing place has them here. I have not been able to find them on the www.

Rod
02-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Thanks Frank, There is a red wing right down the street, Ill check it out.

Rod

Rip
02-25-2004, 10:43 PM
The most comfortable shoes I've found are Mephistos and also Ecco Sea Walkers. Both are like limousines for the feet.
Regards,
Rip

ryushen21
02-25-2004, 10:43 PM
i usually wear my good sandals or i play barefoot. call me crazy but it feels fine to me and actually relaxes me a little more.

Chris Cass
02-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi Al,

No but I do have some poker shoes I just bought. LOL J/K, hope your doing good nowdays.

Regards,

C.C.~~is jellin as we speak.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rip
02-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Advice- if you play the Cass Man, don't worry about comfortable shoes. Be more concerned with finding a soft comfortable chair because he'll keep your a$$ in the seat all day long!

Regards,
Rip

#### leonard
02-26-2004, 06:48 AM
Get your dancing shoes on. Pool is played to a dancing beat. That is only if you want to be great. ####

Barbara
02-26-2004, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> Advice- if you play the Cass Man, don't worry about comfortable shoes. Be more concerned with finding a soft comfortable chair because he'll keep your a$$ in the seat all day long!

Regards,
Rip <hr /></blockquote>

And doubling over from all the hernias you'll get from his break./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Barbara
02-26-2004, 07:06 AM
Frank,

Do they make these shoes for women, also?

Barbara

Frank_Glenn
02-26-2004, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Frank,

Do they make these shoes for women, also?

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>
Yes. The style I use is a walking shoe. They make a couple of men's dress shoes, but many more styles for the ladies, although what I am talking about, again are the walking shoe. Stylish the're not, but comfortable, ahhh.

DoomCue
02-26-2004, 08:55 AM
My wife thinks I'm crazy because I have "special" pool-playing shoes. Good to see I'm not the only one. Here's a picture of my shoes. Can you tell I play 9 ball?

http://niketown.nike.com/img/prod/303952/303952_171_CAT-1.JPG

-djb

rocky
02-26-2004, 10:04 AM
before working at predator I had a job writing a sales program for Diliards and got to spend alot of time in the shoe department. Borns and Merrul's they say are the best for your feet.

Voodoo Daddy
02-26-2004, 11:25 AM
I remember John Zacksis [sp] from up CC's way...invented the "POOL SHOES". The were red sneakers with 9-Balls on the side or the tounge &lt;hazy details&gt;. I hear he owns a PH called Red Shoes Billiards in Detriot or Chicago. For me there is nothing like NEW BALANCE court shoes, like they belong there, no break-in...just put 'em on!!!

Voodoo~~~remembers the dumbest stuff

TommyT
02-26-2004, 11:54 AM
I have a pair of Mephistos and Rockport Prowalkers. Both are extremely comfortable and the best place on the web to buy shoes is www.zappos.com. (http://www.zappos.com.)
TommyT

Frank_Glenn
02-26-2004, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TommyT:</font><hr> I have a pair of Mephistos and Rockport Prowalkers. Both are extremely comfortable and the best place on the web to buy shoes is www.zappos.com. (http://www.zappos.com.)
TommyT <hr /></blockquote>

I was wearing Rockport Prowalkers when i switched to the SAS. I will not be going back to Rockports. YMMV

dmgwalsh
02-26-2004, 07:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I remember John Zacksis [sp] from up CC's way...invented the "POOL SHOES". The were red sneakers with 9-Balls on the side or the tounge &lt;hazy details&gt;. I hear he owns a PH called Red Shoes Billiards in Detriot or Chicago. For me there is nothing like NEW BALANCE court shoes, like they belong there, no break-in...just put 'em on!!!

Voodoo~~~remembers the dumbest stuff <hr /></blockquote>
that's on Pulaski in chicago.

Dagwood
02-28-2004, 12:32 AM
I always try to play in a pair of the Doc Martins that I own...the only complaint that I could have about them is that they are a bit on the heavy side. Other than that, they are sooooo comfortable.

I think the socks are just as important as the shoes though. I always bring along an extra pair of socks when I know that I'm going to be in the room for any length of time. Getting all that grime and sweat off your feet and having nice, clean, DRY socks really rejuvenates ya...

Dags

PQQLK9
02-28-2004, 07:29 AM
http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/images/products/1_26176_FS.jpg

I wear these Johnston and Murphys with matching belt of course /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
they match my black/brown Instroke case.

cheesemouse
02-28-2004, 10:04 AM
http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/fashion/accessories/images/ducttapeskate.jpg

Wally_in_Cincy
02-28-2004, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/fashion/accessories/images/ducttapeskate.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

matching purse:

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/fashion/purse_duct_tape.jpg

cheesemouse
02-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Wally,

No purse but I do have the matching boxer shorts...hehehe /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

02-29-2004, 02:02 AM
the greatest, and most comfterable shoes in my opinion ar rockport pro walkers, man, they feel like they were hand made to fit your feet! also i only wear gold tip socks, as far as pants, boxer shorts,and dockers, i love hagger brushed material dress shirts.