PDA

View Full Version : the bitter end

sack316
02-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Well, we shoulda all seen it coming. Those of you here around x-mas remember me asking advice on making things up to my girl, and our relationship in general. A few of you have asked me over the weeks how it has gone. Well, she returns from tech school tomorrow.... which was to be the beginning of our life "together". Well, as it was she ended it tonight when she called to tell me she was coming home (?!#$?) anyway, all the signs were there and I really did see it coming over the past few months, I just tried my best and hoped it would work out but it didn't. I think I'll be able to deal with it, we didn't talk it too much (she's afraid of confontation, she actually dumped me in a text message on my phone). The only part I see being a major problem for me is the fact we met and always hung out in the poolhall I work in and shoot in every single day of the week. it'll be tough if she decides to keep making that he place too, especially if there's another guy. So wish me luck on keeping my cool and staying mature. I think this is God's test for me to see if I'm really wanting to straighten up with my drinking, because if there was anything besides someone's death or illness that would push me, this is it. But so far so good. Sorry for the downer here tonight guys and gals, just wanted to post it here for those who had asked me how it turned out.

Chris Cass
02-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Yo Sack,

Do yourself a favor and bite your lip. Say nothing unless necessary and keep it short and sweet. She'll either come back or leave it as it is. That was a $hitty way of a let down. Don't give her the time of day and it might surprize you.

Hang in there buddy,

C.C.

sack316
02-26-2004, 01:48 AM
thanks Chris, you're right. I'll do the best i can man.

pooltchr
02-26-2004, 06:27 AM
Sack,
Although it may not seem like it right now, this may be a blessing in disguise. If she wasn't THE one for you, better to learn it now. Suck it up as best you can and move on. Another lady will find her way into your life sooner or later that will make you wonder what the big deal was. Granted, that doesn't help immediately, but it does give you the basis for a positive outlook. For every Britney that you lose, there is always a Christina around the corner waiting.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-26-2004, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Sack,
Although it may not seem like it right now, this may be a blessing in disguise. If she wasn't THE one for you, better to learn it now....<hr /></blockquote>

My thoughts exactly. A breakup is a heck of a lot better than a divorce.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-26-2004, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr>
...it'll be tough if she decides to keep making that he place too, especially if there's another guy. So wish me luck on keeping my cool and staying mature....<hr /></blockquote>

I used to live in dreaded fear of seeing my ex-wife in public with her new beau, not knowing how I would react. I did not want to end up in jail. But as time has passed I get along fine with her now and there's no problem at all. It just takes a while.

BTW you said "if there's another guy"....

There's always another guy....

They always say there's not another guy...

But there's always another guy.

Sorry ladies but that's the way I see it.

sack316
02-27-2004, 02:37 PM
quick update for y'all. When she got back in town yesterday she called me and asked where i was and wanted to come see me. Of course I'm at the pool hall for league and told her she could come by if she wanted. My friend told me when she got there to just act normal like nothing had happened and treat her as a friend. I did that and she had to go back to base to unpack plus she wasn't comfortable because all of my friends there were turning their noses up at her. So I walk her to her car, and I think she's about to hug me good bye, but then she surprizes me with a kiss too. Ah, more confusion, just what I needed. Hopefully we can get together somewhere quiet and talk. I'm also thinking of going on the road with a few friends going to the carolinas this weekend, may be good for me to get away for a bit. but anyway, just wanted to update y'all.

bluewolf
02-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Breaking up and then kissing you. That is so many mixed messages. Don't let her have her cake and eat it too.

Laura

SpiderMan
02-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Sack,

Use this as an impetus to help yourself. You implied that you may have a drinking problem, start treating yourself better. If she comes around, let her see that you're someone she might should have hung on to. If not her, then other ladies will see you that way, and there's nothing better than an exciting new relationsip to get you over an ended one.

There may not be another guy. If she's been away at school she may have just been unconsciously comparing you to other men in her classes, probably non-drinkers if that's been a problem for you two, and they made her feel that you didn't have enough direction. Prove her wrong, you'll be better off whether or not you're with her.

Of course, if those women would just get their obstinacy on a lunar cycle or something, we could all just go vacation in Mexico! http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=115609&amp;page =&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

SpiderMan

Kato
02-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Listen Sack and take this for what it's worth. I've done the "break up/suprise kiss thing" and it's not a good thing. What ever you do, don't get strung out by her. If she comes back and you care then great but don't read too much into it. Don't get played out. Go away and have fun with the guys, it's the right thing to do.

Kato

sack316
02-27-2004, 05:43 PM
whoo, thanks for the advice people. I'm probably about to do something foolish, but she just called and we are going out tonight. I told her I may be going to NC for the weekend but wasn't sure. Either way I'm taking her out to dinner and to shoot pool (I told her it would be her present for graduating tech school). From there who knows, I know she does want to drink tonight, I'm mixed on that with all the problems I've been having I know I shouldn't, but at the same time it would be really hard to sit there sober and watch her getting her drink on. Guess tonight will be a test. I do have my stuff all packed, so if it becomes too much I guess I can just grab my boys and say "let's ride" and go off into the sunset. Hopefully tonight my brain can overpower my heart (or other things too). Wish me luck, my main goal here is to try to talk and get things figured out as far and she and I go, I'm just hoping it doesn't get any more complicated than that. Wish me luck guys, I think I'll be needing it.
Oh, and if nothing else I'll find it most rewarding to whoop her ass on the table and take out some agression there /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif