PDA

View Full Version : The Passion...

nAz
02-26-2004, 12:32 PM
The Passion Of The Christ anyone see this today?
I cought it earlier it was pretty good although i think the Book was better. was kind of nice watching , hearing people weep during the movie. as for the anti semitism i saw no evidence of it, then again i am not a Jew or speak Aramaic so i guess i have a different perspective but i believe there are only three "people(?)" you can blame for Jesus death... guess who.

9 Ball Girl
02-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Although I am not of the religious type, I think I'm going to catch it this weekend. Only because there's so much publicity and controversy on it, I've got to see what all the fuss is about. I have the protestors to thank for that!

Qtec
02-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Easy.

George, Dick and Donald.

HaHaHa

LOL

Q

SPetty
02-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Would someone mind giving me a *brief* explanation of the controversy? I thought the title of the film was "The Controversial Passion Of The Christ" because that's how all the news stories talk about it. But I haven't yet seen or heard one that explains the controversy...

wolfdancer
02-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Here's my guesses:
The one-armed man
The guy on the grassy knoll
Bruno Hauptmann

nAz
02-29-2004, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Would someone mind giving me a *brief* explanation of the controversy? I thought the title of the film was "The Controversial Passion Of The Christ" because that's how all the news stories talk about it. But I haven't yet seen or heard one that explains the controversy... <hr /></blockquote>

Spetty read this it's a little long but i think it will explain most of the "controversy"

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/newsletter/2004/feb20.html

nAz
02-29-2004, 12:50 PM
The three i was thinking of is 1. Pilate (politics) who did not consider Jesus a threat but setence him to death anyway 2. the High Jewish priest (Greed) who saw Jesus as a threat to his power and wanted him gone. 3. Jesus who new the consequences of his actions would lead to his trial/death but did it anyway. (love)
Watching the movie i learnd nothing new like i said the book was better

BTW Jews of today should not be upset about what was done/said by some Jews 2K+ years ago, its i believe an acurate account of religous history and no sane person now should lash out at them for what was done back then. I rather Judge people by the actions they take in the present.

Fred Agnir
03-01-2004, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Would someone mind giving me a *brief* explanation of the controversy? I thought the title of the film was "The Controversial Passion Of The Christ" because that's how all the news stories talk about it. But I haven't yet seen or heard one that explains the controversy... <hr /></blockquote>I think more than anything, the movie may spark anti-Semetism. The movie itself, IMO, did not convey anti-Semitism, but there are enough fools in the world that would use the movie as fuel for their personal hatred.

There was no new material in the movie. It's been covered before; it will be covered again. Good movie, IMO. Thumbs way up.

Fred

eg8r
03-01-2004, 09:15 AM
I agree with Fred. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was a great movie.

eg8r

nAz
03-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Wow check out this stat...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1485426/20040301/index.jhtml?headlines=true (http://$$$)

" The film rolled out on Ash Wednesday and took in an estimated $117.5 million during its first five days, the second best five-day opening figures in history, right behind last year's "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" and the best February opening ever for a new release."

Mr Ingrate
03-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Pretty good for a "snuff" film.

wolfdancer
03-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Dave, the movie will be released soon in your area, with Canadian subtitles

nAz
03-02-2004, 10:33 PM
hehe Canadian subtitles /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mr Ingrate
03-03-2004, 12:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Dave, the movie will be released soon in your area, with Canadian subtitles <hr /></blockquote>

I like that one Jack. Excellent. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AND finally, I'll understand what it is all aboooooooooot. eh!