PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to Reduce Tissue Scaring?

TomBrooklyn
02-26-2004, 08:19 PM
I got a 7 stitch cut on my hand a few months ago that healed up nice, but now the scar is raising up. Good for character but I want my character to be more subtle. Is there any way to reduce scar tissue? I saw some products via web search, but I have to wonder if any of them work. They might be selling snake oil.

cueball1950
02-26-2004, 10:57 PM
when my son got burned a few years ago they used something called Jobst compression stockings for his legs to heal the scar tissue from the skin grafts. i would check with a surgical supply store and see if the have anything for the hand or fingers. that is the best advice i could give you. i hope you find an answer..........................mike

cueball1950
02-26-2004, 11:08 PM
tom....got to jobst (http://www.jobst-usa.com/products.html) ...that is their web site,,,again,,,hope it helps............mike

Wally_in_Cincy
02-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Polysporin claims to reduce scarring. Or you could contact your local pharmacist.

Wally~~gonna have a scar next week.

moblsv
02-27-2004, 09:19 AM
I am not an expert on this or an advocate but many people claim that Vitamin E can help minimize scars in the first place and Vitamin C, Methylsulfonylmethane and I'm sure others help in the healing of scar tissue

bluewolf
02-27-2004, 09:24 AM
I got a rather nasty dog bite a few years ago and thought I would have that scar forever, but it has faded so much it is hard to see it. I would put vit e on it and see if that helps. It will probably get smaller over time but it might not go completely away.

I have one scar that used to be huge on my knee. It required ten stitches. it has gotten so much smaller that it is not noticable but this took place over a number of years.

I got losts of scars as a child too, because I was so active but it is hard to find most of them anymore and a few I cannot find at all.

Laura

SPetty
02-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Mederma. It's sole purpose is to reduce scars. Even old scars. It works. Polysporin works on new wounds, not closed scars.

And Wally, vasectomy scars don't really need treatment... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-28-2004, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
And Wally, vasectomy scars don't really need treatment... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

SPetty,

Good guess but not quite right /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally~~only cuts pool balls