PDA

View Full Version : ebay question

Wally_in_Cincy
02-28-2004, 12:05 PM
How can you search for a specific item in a particular region? If I search "all regions" I get a list of results which generally don't show a location until you view each one.

I tried searching OH-Cincinnati, OH-Dayton etc. but I get zero matches. Can you sort by location? or within a radius? by state?

<font color="red">Sorry if this is NPR. I posted it over there and didn't get much response. I'm depending on you eabay experts to help. </font color>

Wally~~ebay newbie

bigshooter
02-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Usuallly if you search all regions and get the search results page.
Then on the left side of the page right under the basic search box if you scroll down a little to the yellow box that says "display" and choose the fourth choice down right under "gallery view" it
will let you choose to look at the results by "region"
then after you look at it by "region" the same choice will now say "show all regions" so you can go back and see all the items again if you want to.
Hope this helps, I'm not the best at writing out directions.

tateuts
02-28-2004, 05:25 PM
I don't understand why it's not working for you. Sounds like you're doing it right. I click on "Search" at the top of the screen, then the "Advanced Search" Tab, then I type in the item I'm looking for, use the "region" drop down menu, then click the search button. It sould only show those items listed in the selected region.

Chris

irunrax
02-28-2004, 05:29 PM
I had no problem searching hotwheels in your region. I clicked the search icon at the top of most ebay pages and entered a search topic, then clicked on the down arrow next to the all regions and scrolled down to OH. Hope this helps.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-01-2004, 07:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> I don't understand why it's not working for you. Sounds like you're doing it right. I click on "Search" at the top of the screen, then the "Advanced Search" Tab, then I type in the item I'm looking for, use the "region" drop down menu, then click the search button. It sould only show those items listed in the selected region.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the advice everyone. I searched each city in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky and found a couple of matches. A bit laborious but it worked.