PDA

View Full Version : Ask the Cue Maker - NOT!

tateuts
02-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Here's what you guys are missing at A-Z billiards. A guy asks a simple question about ivory ferrules, and it turns into an all out brawl because of the type of posters who hang over there.

Be grateful for CCB! Maybe we can keep it this way.

http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=3497

Chris

bigalerickson
02-28-2004, 10:40 PM
I could only handle two pages of that, does it get worse???

I hope that we shoot anyone on sight that goes off like that. I do remember back in 2002, there were a couple of bad spats between frequent posters. But, this place always seems to come back to being a pleasant place to talk about our favorite game/hobby/habit/addiction/lifestyle which is pool.

-Alex (who has too little experience to have an opinion about ferrules)

tateuts
02-29-2004, 12:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigalerickson:</font><hr> I could only handle two pages of that, does it get worse???

<hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah... how's this:

Posted by BLUD. <font color="blue">

You don't make me sick. I am sad for you, you and your screwed up EGO...

Your self-centered and missing a bunch in life because of it, Larry.

You should except the fact that I will continue to use whatever I want on my cues.[ ivory included] You can't change my mind. We all have opinions.

However, most of us have to be re-minded that when you speak, we should all stand at attention. Bull (censored by TateUts)HIT, larry. You have the right to believe whatever. So do all of us....

meucci gave all his players cues instead of money for wages. I was there and saw it, first hand.

My cues have a proven record of preformance.

I NEVER ONCE PAID ANY PRO-PLAYERS. I could not aford to pay them. If i could of, I still would not of paid a penny. Don't believe in paying for falshoods and words that are not truthfull...

Good products sell without [money] lies.

It's been proven, that words can be purchased......It's all about money.

Now Larry leave this alone.

I will never agree with you. By doing this, does not make either of us dumb....

Hopefully you have enough class to do just that.Leave it alone.......

blud

</font color>

- And that's just one little highlight. Looks like Larry found himself a little playmate!

Chris

Kato
02-29-2004, 01:32 AM
I just got done reading that thread. Larry keeps mentioning elephants are dying for my cues...........no they aren't, there is a ban. The only ivory used today is ivory that's already here.

Kato~~~loves my ivory ferrules. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dmgwalsh
02-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Yeah, it's tough over there. I jumped in on a thread about a stroketrainer and mentioned my teacher and not dropping the elbow practice and all hell broke loose.
If you see a long thread over there, chances are they are not talking about the subject of the thread by the end. It usually degenerates into a war of some type.
Dennnis

Scott Lee
02-29-2004, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I just got done reading that thread. Larry keeps mentioning elephants are dying for my cues...........no they aren't, there is a ban. The only ivory used today is ivory that's already here.

Kato~~~loves my ivory ferrules. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Right R.J.! Add to that, there is enough legal ivory already in this country (available for purchase), that you couldn't use it up in 50 years!

Scott Lee

Barbara
02-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Oooooooo...

And just think, BOTH of them are going to be at Valley Forge...

I can't wait.

Barbara

tateuts
02-29-2004, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Oooooooo...

I can't wait.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Just speak softly and only when spoken to. Whatever you do, for goodness sakes don't make eye contact! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

tateuts
02-29-2004, 12:45 PM
This is actually pathetic. They're up to 5 pages already. It makes our smoking thread look like Romper Room!

Chris

Dagwood
02-29-2004, 03:29 PM
LOL...it reminds me of the forum discussions (fights) we would get into on the classified intranet at work. We would start them and then just sit back and watch the fireworks go...ahhh...fond memories.

Dags

9balldude
02-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Amazing how you people still respond to Fast Larry.

Rich R.
02-29-2004, 05:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Oooooooo...

I can't wait.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>
Maybe Eric is available to referee????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviddjmp
02-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Google RSB is even worse. It is amazing that people have so much time on their hands they can devolve into unrelated diatribes in these forums. This group here is by far the best-

NH_Steve
02-29-2004, 07:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote daviddjmp:</font><hr> Google RSB is even worse. It is amazing that people have so much time on their hands they can devolve into unrelated diatribes in these forums. This group here is by far the best- <hr /></blockquote>I have never seen a popular message board -- any topic -- that doesn't have plenty of their share of 'flame wars', and that goes for this one, too. I've read and posted on both RSB and AZ, and of course here, and there are certainly 'hot topics' and of course instigatory posters on both, but there are also some pretty knowledgable people on those boards -- maybe especially RSB. I'd actually be inclined to rate those forums a little higher than the CCB in terms of knowledge, if I was asked /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One thing this board has a little more than those do -- IMO, of course -- is kind of a club attitude -- maybe even a clique attitude. Now that's great if you feel like you are 'in' the club, but not so great if you feel like an outsider. What I am saying is, posters on this board could be a little more humbly welcoming sometimes...

dg-in-centralpa
02-29-2004, 08:58 PM
I couldn't believe FL. He says he won't post anymore and he comes right back with 10 more posts. I can't wait to see him at Valley Forge. If he's as good as he says he is, he should win the trick shot competition easily because everyone will quit rather than face him.

DG - we should all go to watch his match and root against him

bigalerickson
02-29-2004, 10:44 PM
I have posted and continue to post on chess forums, as well as different technology forums for computer problems/viruses. This place is leading the pact. True maybe the welcoming committee needs some improving.

I remember on my third post or so, I was all but attacked by Blackheart and two or three other posters because I made gave my opinion that was only absent of the information that this was not a first conversation, but rather a continuing one of great length.

So, anyone want to sign up for the welcoming committee???

If there is ever a snack and drink committe leader needed, let me know. im in.

Peace.

Alex

Wally_in_Cincy
03-01-2004, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9balldude:</font><hr> Amazing how you people still respond to Fast Larry. <hr /></blockquote>

He's hard to ignore /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fast obviously likes starting this crap because it feeds his ego to have folks responding to it.

I met Blud out in Vegas in August and he seemed like a pretty good guy. I wish he would quit climbing down into the gutter with Fast.

To borrow an old cliche, Blud has forgotten more about cues than Larry will ever know.

tateuts
03-01-2004, 09:11 AM
I feel somewhat ignored by "The Golden One". Those boys over at A- Z are hogging all his attention!

Chris

03-01-2004, 10:50 AM

Rich R.
03-01-2004, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> Heh, some of you guys miss Fast Larry and you know it. You just don't want him here all the time, or in such a great excess. <hr /></blockquote>
And some of us, don't miss him at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tateuts
03-01-2004, 11:30 AM
They already have a trash board - here it is:

A - Z Billiards, Home of FL (Fanatics and Lunatics) (http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=6)

hondo
03-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Yeah you guys are civilized alright. Or is the word
snobby? I've only had 1 or 2 people respond to
anything I ever say on here. Closed shop? Lots
of cutesy pie inside humor. On Az anybody can get
on &amp; get a reponse. Lots of really nice folks
on there. I imagine I will either A. get no response
or B. be told if I don't like it here I don't
have to post. C'est la vie.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-01-2004, 01:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Yeah you guys are civilized alright. Or is the word
snobby? I've only had 1 or 2 people respond to
anything I ever say on here.

<font color="blue">Geez hondo /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif easy there.

I just looked at 12 of your 25 posts. I only saw one question and you answered it yourself. I'm not sure what kind of response you were looking for. </font color>

Closed shop? Lots
of cutesy pie inside humor.

<font color="blue">Although I try not to engage in inside humor I am guilty of that sometimes. And I agree with you it's not exactly entertaining to a reader who has no idea what they are talking about /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

On Az anybody can get
on &amp; get a reponse. Lots of really nice folks
on there.

<font color="blue">Lots of nice folks here too. Plus we don't have to wade thru Fast Larry diatribes. </font color>

I imagine I will either A. get no response
or B. be told if I don't like it here I don't
have to post.

<font color="blue">Post away brother /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

C'est la vie. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Hey, Wally, you responded and I didn't even ask
a question! Thanks. I feel loved.

hondo
03-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Good post Steve. Thanks for being honest.

One thing this board has a little more than those do -- IMO, of course -- is kind of a club attitude -- maybe even a clique attitude. Now that's great if you feel like you are 'in' the club, but not so great if you feel like an outsider. What I am saying is, posters on this board could be a little more humbly welcoming sometimes... <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
03-01-2004, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> .... I feel loved. <hr /></blockquote>

Don't push your luck hondo /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jimmy Mendoza
03-01-2004, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Here's what you guys are missing at A-Z billiards. A guy asks a simple question about ivory ferrules, and it turns into an all out brawl because of the type of posters who hang over there.

Be grateful for CCB! Maybe we can keep it this way.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

I've seen this forum get aweful petty in the past. One of BD's very own writers was almost as notorious as F.L. (emphasis on "almost")! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tateuts
03-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Jimmy,

FL is in a class of his own*.

What I particularly find amusing is he PM's us offering to give us lessons - geez! At least our guys blow you off then leave you alone.

Chris

* Kindergarten

Popcorn
03-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Who cares.

tateuts
03-01-2004, 03:59 PM
I do and it exists because I wanted it to.

I wrote the thread to make a point that the most innocent of questions becomes an all out waste of time brawl when these so-called experts chime in with their personal attacks.

These people are posturing, bragging, attacking, and posing. The last thing they are interested in is answering the question, giving or getting a respected opinion.

If you are concerned that these people have made asses of themselves, yes, I guess they have.

Chris

daviddjmp
03-01-2004, 05:18 PM
I have to heartily agree. RSB was the worst for me, a simple questions turned into this huge argument which had nothing at all to do with the subject I presented. First and last experience there-

Popcorn
03-01-2004, 05:30 PM
But they are not here, so who cares.

"If you are concerned that these people have made asses of themselves, yes, I guess they have."

No, I am not concerned about those people at all.

Popcorn
03-01-2004, 05:31 PM
And this has what to do with pool?

tateuts
03-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Popcorn,

Usually you present a point of view that, although I may not necessarily agree with, I respect. In this case I can't don't even see that you have a point of view.

Chris

Popcorn
03-01-2004, 06:07 PM
I have no opinion on what takes place on other boards, if I did I would post them there and no dirty up this board.

tateuts
03-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Then you answered your own question. Popcorn doesn't care. That doesn't mean nobody else should.

Chris

Alfie
03-01-2004, 07:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> we should all go to watch his match and root against him <hr /></blockquote>Now now, is this the high road? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alfie
03-01-2004, 07:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Then you answered your own question. Popcorn doesn't care. That doesn't mean nobody else should. <hr /></blockquote>He is hinting that you are wallowing in the mud yourself.

Please, try to keep this board pristine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
03-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Amen.

BLACKHEART
03-01-2004, 10:36 PM
HONDO; maybe if you listed an internet address, where we could reach you, some of us would respond to your posts personally...JER

hondo
03-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Wow! An Az poster makes a harmless little comment
and CCBers are at each others' throat! Gee, guys,
I didn't mean to drag you guys down to AZ's level.
Hondo- tmoneype@yahoo.com.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-02-2004, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> ...PM's us offering to give us lessons ...<hr /></blockquote>

Really? He PM's me saying he's going to send some Guido to break my legs /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~not skeered. But fairly amused.

P.S. LOL at *kindergarten

pooljunkie73
03-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Gee Wally, you get those ones too? I gave him my address so they can find me faster. He hasn't sent me another one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kent Mc.

WaltVA
03-02-2004, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> Gee Wally, you get those ones too? I gave him my address so they can find me faster. He hasn't sent me another one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kent Mc. <hr /></blockquote>

Kent -
With FL's unerring grasp of geography, they are probably out combing Newfoundland for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Walt in VA

Wally_in_Cincy
03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaltVA:</font><hr>

Kent -
With FL's unerring grasp of geography, they are probably out combing Newfoundland for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Walt in VA <hr /></blockquote>

LMAO

Walt,

That's the funniest thing I've read in at least a month /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alfie
03-03-2004, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Amen. <hr /></blockquote>just kidding

pooljunkie73
03-03-2004, 07:54 PM
ROFLMFAO

Thats why i emailed him a map too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kent Mc.

tateuts
03-04-2004, 02:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Alfie:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Amen. <hr /></blockquote>just kidding <hr /></blockquote>

Whew, Alfie, that's a relief. In that case, here is Fast Larry's incredibly funny response as posted on A - Z- it's well worth reading:

Quote Fast Larry

About once a month I venture into CCB only to read one thread generally alerted by a friend that somebody is saying something about me I should be aware of. Other than that, I could give a ratís ass what they are saying there. Why would I want to waste my time into going into bozo heaven?
They have their thing, I have mine. Alerted by AZ I did go into the ccb thread under: Ask the cue maker, itís almost off of their front page and now at the bottom. I never saw so much bull she yit in my life, I mean stepped in friggen what, up to my ears, and my friggen eye balls are brown. All this non stop sanctimonious bull sheyet, they were ecstatic we had finally fallen down into the sewer where they have been all along. AZ has always been the premium board, the upscale board, and now we proved to the mother of all trash boards, we are now no better than them and they rejoice over that news. They are jumping up and down in the streets over there like a bunch of roos. These heathens and outer barbarians are now pontificating upon us, its enough to make a maggot puke his lunch up me boy. In one week I get out smarted by a friggen newfie which is impossible to occur and now this, I tell you, itís all too much. I may run my get away car off the rim of the Grand Canyon like Thelma and Louise did, Geronimo. Oh, the agony of defeat.

I frankly upon reading this and understand the moron bozo mentality over there am now shocked. They are friggen right and popping 1955 Champagne Dom Perignon corks in celebration. They invaded this board and dragged it deep into the sewer where they are. They won; I can clearly see that now, there fore the celebration. It is the devils front line troops, wanting to drag every one down deep into the fire. It is so clear to me. I attack his imperial guard and he launches all of his forces against me. It is just me, against him and his army. The battle is very one sided. I am losing the battle. A little help here please.

CCB, the mother of all trash boards is now laughing their asses off at us, and Blud finally locking horns with me. When is Blud going to learn to leave me the f alone and just go sell his friggen cues? Every time he does that, he exposes himself and we both go down a notch.

Do you hear the laughter, I hope that is a wake up call to all of you to now, clean up this board and police your own board. They did post one thing that I thought was brilliant. It was the most brilliant thing ever suggested on a board to date. This person should be given a Gold medal. Somebody send him a custom cue with an Ivory ferrule on it. Blud should send his top end cue.

What to do with the bad boy who causes problems. They had the same solution that the Catholic Church has. Not to ban him out of heaven, just to ban him for a month in purgatory, where he must reside and everyone has full unlimited tee off privileges on him. After 30 days of being being beat she yeit less he may return to the main forum and then be afforded full respect. I went, bingo, that's it, that is the friggen answer, even if I'll spend most of me bloomin time in the pit, that is the answer. Other opinions on this I would solicit please. That would also means apa 7 goes in the pit first of course. It would shorten some tongues a tad I would say. Like in the pilgrim days, lock the bloody blighter in the blocks until he screams for forgiveness. It's a little Spanish or Roman but it could work.
We could call this temporary banishment being thrown into the snake pit. Take all the board aggression now trashing the board and funnel it into the snake pit. Oh she yit, this is so pure it rivals new fallen Kansas snow. Why did I not think of this, because I am a genius and I donít want to spend 11 months of the year sitting in the snake pit getting the dog she yit kicked out of me? Oh yeah, thatís got to be it.

I am banned off the mother of all trash boards for life for speaking up and defending my family name and my records and reputation. I am not allowed on the mother of all trash boards. Ruth Welt says I am too much trouble, she does not have the time to defend me from daily attacks, and there fore they eliminate the attacked and not the attackers.
Where is the justice in this I must ask?
There is no justice in pool I am soon told. They are happy on CCB, I canít get at them there, but they can come over to AZ and torment me with impunity. They have the best of both worlds, they come over here to read my good she yit, then kick me in the balls and run off to ccb land where I canít pursue them. Well I can, but I made Welt a promise I would come in there no more and I have kept that promise. One should not bust a party one is not invited to. To do so is very impolite.
Somebody do me a favor and cut and paste this on the bottom of that thread. Put the entire damn thing on there, do not leave anything out.

Tateus, please send your postal address to fastlarry@bellsouth.net, for the best board idea I have ever seen you deserve an award, I shall send you 2 video tapes, plus a door poster, a $50 value to say wonderful ideal.

Tell them I said once last thing on this subject. You are all exactly right, you did tell it like it is, maybe this is catching. Yes you did drag us into the sewer with you, yes you did win. Pass me a glass of Dom, letís drink up. If you cannot beat the bastards, then you might as well get drunk with the bastard.
Best Wishes,
May God bless and peace be with you. May the wind be always on your back and all 9 balls fall. VENI VIDI VICI, OMNIA VINCIT AMOR. Latin for ďI came, I saw, I conquered, love conquerors all. Yes I really did do it all and you can believe it, or not. If you donít believe it, Cíest La Vie. A prophet is not recognized in his own land. Rack em sausage, Go play fast and loose. In time, itís all dust in the wind anyway.

</font color>

hondo
03-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Alright! Fast Larry's back on CCB! Welcome back, Larry.

jjinfla
03-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Apparently you regulars are getting bored here. Nothing interesting to talk about. Nobody left to criticize or make fun of. You chased all the real pros away. And nobody really cares what your views are. So you go over to AZB and cut and paste their posts and bring them back here. And after making sure that FL got banned from here what do you do but go and cut and paste his posts and put them here. If you were so hell bent to ban him from here, why would you want to bring his posts back?

Seems to me that if you thought something was interesting on another board you would just mention it and let people go there for themselves. Why copy it and bring it here?

Jake

Kato
03-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Personally Jake I'm happy when somebody brings something over to my attention from AZ. Like most I've been a lurker/poster at AZ for years but these days I only get over there every couple of weeks. Somebody might bring something over which will get me back over there to check some stuff out. The "Larry Thing" is hilarious to me. Like most I take it in stride. I don't have anything against Fast, wouldn't mind having a couple of beers with him sometime and just listen.

Kato

tateuts
03-04-2004, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Apparently you regulars are getting bored here. Nothing interesting to talk about. Nobody left to criticize or make fun of. Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake,

I'm just having a little fun and entertainment with this - why does everything have to be so serious? I just got a little tired of talking about the correct elbow positon for scruffing.

Chris

hondo
03-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Right on. You guys are starting to loosen up.
Maybe I can have some fun on this board.

tateuts
03-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Hondo...I wondered.

Chris

hondo
03-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Good Lord, no Tateuts ! I'm NOT Fast Larry if that's
what you're wondering! I just updated my profile if
you're interested.

tateuts
03-04-2004, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Good Lord, no Tateuts ! I'm NOT Fast Larry if that's
what you're wondering! I just updated my profile if
you're interested. <hr /></blockquote>

Whew! Where did you get the cool name "Hondo" if you don't mind me asking?

Chris

hondo
03-05-2004, 07:15 AM
I used to tell people my basketball style was
similar to former Boston Celtic great " Hondo"
Havlicek &amp; the nickname stuck. Hondo.

eg8r
03-05-2004, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And this has what to do with pool? <hr /></blockquote> Do you mean besides the fact that RSB is pool related?

eg8r

Frank_Glenn
03-05-2004, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote daviddjmp:</font><hr> I have to heartily agree. RSB was the worst for me, a simple questions turned into this huge argument which had nothing at all to do with the subject I presented. First and last experience there- <hr /></blockquote>

RSB is not moderated, so can you see everything, but you can also put people (and entire posts) in the "bozo bin" and you do not see them at all. I have several people in my plonk filter over there. The only time I see anything they write is when someone else quotes them. If you filter out the right people, the signal to noise ratio goes way down. There is a lot of good info over on RSB, it's just sometimes hard to see for the flame wars. Of course, there are a lot of newsgroups that are a lot worse than RSB. Some people just want to argue and see their name on the screen, but you get some of that here, too. The forums that have a moderator can "ban" problems. I guess that can be good if used correctly and not over used. It can also creat a clique. It just depends on what you want or like, I guess.