PDA

View Full Version : WPBA's - Ga Young Kim

Photoguy
02-29-2004, 03:01 AM
Can somebody help me with Ga Young Kim's name? Is her first name "Ga" or "Ga Young" or is "Young" a middle name or part of the last name? Also, What is her nationality?
Thanks.

SRpool
02-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Ga Young is her first name. She is Korean.

Rich R.
02-29-2004, 05:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SRpool:</font><hr> Ga Young is her first name. She is Korean. <hr /></blockquote>
And she is one heck of a good pool player, as is SRpool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rocky
03-01-2004, 01:08 PM
yes she is, I got to watch her over the weekend and faired rather well with the draw that she had.

Vagabond
03-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Howdy Sarah,
u performed very well in Tunica.However I was surprised at one miscue shot when u were plaing against the English lady MS.Ellerby.BTW, u do not know me and I like to keep u guessing.Cheers
Vagabond

SRpool
03-02-2004, 02:39 AM
You guys are right. I am not sure that heck of a player is even the right phrase to use when it comes to Ga Young Kim. She is pretty incredible.

Vagabond...that miscue was the result of being 5'1 and trying to reach a shot that was impossible to reach. A careless mistake. It is not polite to keep me guessing about who you are. Did I talk to you??

Sarah

CarolNYC
03-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Hey Sarah,
You played great-nice job! As for Vagabond, he was sitting next to me a few times watching the matches /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
See ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Where were you?
Carol~looking for black and gold! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vagabond
03-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Howdy Sarah,
We never verbally communicated with each other sofar and it has not been my intention to be impolite.Cheers
Vagabond

Nostroke
03-02-2004, 11:05 AM
She definitely says in America her first name is Ga-Young but i think in Korea it may be her last name. I have asked a couple of Korean people (non players)if they have heard of her and they both said no but each said that in Korea Ga young must be her last name? I think maybe first names (non family names) are last over there but i wouldnt bet much on it.

I think she played pretty poorly (she play suck) in her two hill hill losses in Miss. In other words when she is on, no one is going to beat her IMHO. She is great to watch even in the chair where she sits dead still but eyes darting from table to opponent and some pretty funny faces/reactions to the play. Though if she is playing a slow player she looks anywhere but at the game.

Barbara
03-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey Nostroke! Has Ga Young made Touring Pro yet? And will you be at Prime Time Billiards this weekend?

Barbara

Nostroke
03-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey Barb! Bet it all I'll be there. Is it a new room? Most of the NYC crew will go too im told but not Jen. She may play in an Open Event at Amsterdam.

GYK has only played in 3 or 4 out of the last 10 events i think. IN Ontario she had a poor showing so she needs a start or two to get her status. She is not even remotely worried about that. Steve Tipton was telling people in Mississippi that GYK was perhaps the best player in the world outside the US and top 5 in the World right now! What does that say about Jeanne Seaver? She seems to go Hill hill with GYK everytime they play. The last 3 times i saw them play each other- (Arnold Md, Capones and Sams )were just that way.

Ok Barb see ya saturday

PS-AZB doesnt have your 2004 schedule up

Barbara
03-02-2004, 08:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> Steve Tipton was telling people in Mississippi that GYK was perhaps the best player in the world outside the US and top 5 in the World right now! What does that say about Jeanne Seaver? She seems to go Hill hill with GYK everytime they play. The last 3 times i saw them play each other- (Arnold Md, Capones and Sams )were just that way.

<font color="blue"> Steve Tipton, well Steve has that kind of showmanship.</font color>

Ok Barb see ya saturday
<font color="blue"> Oh goodie!! It's a swa-weet room! Mic and I visited last month and were dually impressed!!</font color>

PS-AZB doesnt have your 2004 schedule up <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Okay, okay, I'm still trying to pin down a couple of events - the rest are there!</font color>

Barbara~~~have Tour, need Kiana...

Nostroke
03-02-2004, 09:06 PM
I must be doing something wrong as usual-all i get at AZB for JPNEWT is 2003 events. For Cat using the same method i get the 2004 events.

Steve does a great job as TC. Works real hard too.

I wonder if we will get Meiuki and the other new Asian ladies this weekend ?

CarolNYC
03-03-2004, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
have Tour, need Kiana...

<hr /></blockquote>

Yo Barb,
YOU HAVE KIANA-ready,willing and ABLE!No doubt!

CarolNYC
03-03-2004, 04:30 AM
Hey Dave,
I can only imagine that Kelly Fisher will be there and this should make a quite interesting tournament-Julie,Karen,Kim and Kelly-hmmmmmmmmm,actually, I would love to ,one day ,see all the snooker champions play snooker against one another!
[ QUOTE ]
wonder if we will get Meiuki and the other new Asian ladies this weekend ?

<hr /></blockquote>

Whew-here comes the new wave,ha ha ha
See ya soon!

Rich R.
03-03-2004, 04:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> I wonder if we will get Meiuki and the other new Asian ladies this weekend ? <hr /></blockquote>
Nostroke, I was told, by a very good source, that Meiuki and the other Asian ladies are being sponsored by a well know, male, pro player /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and they will be competing in as many east coast tournaments, with qualifying spots, as they can.

Missed you at Rockville. It's about time you returned from all that sun and warm weather. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif