PDA

View Full Version : ...so here's the deal

rackmup
04-24-2002, 05:22 AM
While driving around from client-to-client yesterday, I realized I "just wasn't into working" so I went to Hawley's and played about three hours worth of nine ball with a gentleman named "Carl" (nice guy, good shooter.)

It was while playing with Carl and talking about him being "retired" and having a lot of "spare time to improve his game" that I too, decided I wanted to "retire."

Now, I can't just quit my job. I mean, I have a new wife and her two kids to take care of. I also love my job (just not as much as I would enjoy being retired!)

So, I devised a plan. It also involves all of you (the regulars.) Here's the deal...

...I bought a "Texas Lotto" ticket. The drawing is tonight. When I win, I'm flying all of the CCB Regulars to Cabo. While we are there, I will pick up the entire tab. You just pay for your little souvenires.

Day 1: Meet and Greet in the hotel (Melia San Lucas) for introductions, chatting and cocktails. A buffet will be provided.

Day 2: Breakfast at "Billigan's Island" (great place right on the beach. They have great chorizo and eggs.) Lunch at your leisure and return to the hotel's Grand Ballroom for the first day of our "CCB CABO 9-Ball Tourney." Dinner at "The Trailer Park" (great steaks and seafood!)

Day 3: Breakfast on your own. Lunch, Sightseeing and shopping. Return to hotel for the second day of our tournament. Dinner and dancing at "The Giggling Marlin."

Day 4: Breakfast and lunch at your leisure. Return to hotel for conclusion of tournament. Awards dinner and trophy/check presentation. Drinks and more dancing at Sammy Hagar's "Cabo Wabo."

Day 5: Breakfast at hotel, last minute shopping and depart for airport after lunch.

Now...keep your fingers crossed...the drawing is just a few hours away.

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
04-24-2002, 05:26 AM
Good morning Ken:

Count me in, I am packed and ready to go!

Additionally, now that you will be a wealthy individual, you can do Two (2) things for me. The first would be to catch up on several years worth of missed alimony payments and the second would be to be my financial patron on the billiards tour. Not much to ask from a multi-millionaire !!!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

MikeM
04-24-2002, 06:50 AM
KEN,

Sounds great. Can I bring my wife and kids? I just got back from Cabo. Had a fantastic time, went deep sea fishing, ATVing and a bunch of other fun stuff. Didn't shoot pool all week! It's a blast, but brought back a little souvenir called Montezuma's Revenge. Stay away from the lettuce!

MM

Sid_Vicious
04-24-2002, 07:06 AM
I figured that out all by myself a L-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-G time ago. Lock Carl up in safeties next time, he hates safeties. I do safeties on purpose just to see the expression Carl gets on his face, he's fun to hang out with...sid

It was while playing with Carl and talking about him being "retired" and having a lot of
"spare time to improve his game" that I too, decided I wanted to "retire."

BillPorter
04-24-2002, 07:16 AM
Ken, just wanted to be sure you include me as a "regular." I'm at least a semi-regular. My fiancee and I will be eagerly awaiting the results. BTW, will you be at CJ's May 4-5 for his newly begun 9-ball tournament?

rackmup
04-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Yes, you are a CCB Reg in my books.

I will be at CJ's on the 4th. My son is being baptized on Sunday (I don't expect to last into Sunday, anyway!)

You gonna be there?

Ken

BillPorter
04-25-2002, 05:15 AM
Ken, Yep, I'll be at CJ's on the 4th and 5th. I'm thinking of entering the tournament as a lark even though I'm just a C+ or B- player. Might be fun. Maybe we (and any other Dallas area CCB people) could have dinner Saturday? BTW, I have two old pool-player friends in Dallas, Dick Lane and Mike Haines. Have you run into either of them yet?

rackmup
04-25-2002, 05:23 AM
I don't recognize the names but that shouldn't surprise anyone that knows me...I forget names easily (never a face.)

I'll be at CJ's on Saturday...look me up...Jeans, black shirt, short dark hair and a goatee. I probably just described 2/3 of the 64 player field.

Regards,

Ken

BillPorter
04-25-2002, 05:35 AM
Hey, maybe I'll wear my free Talisman shirt that I got when I ordered some Talisman tips. Probably be the only one there with a black shirt sporting a Talisman logo and their Website address on the back. Think the 64 person slate will fill up?

rackmup
04-25-2002, 05:50 AM
/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

(they say a picture says a thousand words.)

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
04-25-2002, 05:52 AM
/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

I would have to agree, especially since I will still have to wait for all that back alimony you owe me.

/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Dr. D.

04-25-2002, 09:45 AM
Does the untimely event of my computer crashing negate me as a CCB regular anymore? .......
Still W/O a home computer. I think Bandwidth is as addicting as nicotine.

Chris Cass
04-25-2002, 10:42 AM
Geez Shot,

That's not a question. Your a regular, regular even without a computer.

Regards,

C.C.

Doctor_D
04-25-2002, 10:45 AM
Good afternoon:

Bandwidth, especially at 1.54 Mbps, is very addictive! God bless T-1 internet connections.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

cheesemouse
04-25-2002, 11:16 AM
Shot,

<font color=purple>Broadband is a drug
once you take it you are gone,
it is the future.</font color=purple>

Chris Cass
04-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Hi Ken,

You never heard of Dick Lane? The guy was a world beater. He took off the Williards Spring Classic in 90. The field was comprised of Tony Ellin, David Matlock, Mike Lebron, Earl Strickland, Allen Hopkins, Jose Parica, Johnny Archer and others. He beat Jeff Carter for the win. He pounded Jeff 9-2. He won $6000. from the tourney and $9630 for the first cal and $3280 for the second calcutta. I'd say a $18,800 would be a good weekends work.

Say hi, but watch your self. Not trying to knock anyones action but, I have to cover my homeboy's butt. LOL He owned a chain of halls called Click's. His calcutta partner Jimmy King was one of my studies growing up. A excellent straight pool player. It was bar box and he did beat Matlock one of if not the best Bar box players in history IMO.

Regards,

C.C.~~2 and out. waaaa

Sid_Vicious
04-25-2002, 12:12 PM
I'm not going to be in town Bill, and Spiderman is going to Vegas for a tournament and he'll be gone as well. Things "might" change for me, but today's plan is to sipping beer with my brother and cruising the twisties in nothern Arkansas and southern Missouri ringing in the second half of a century of living...sid

bigalerickson
04-25-2002, 12:16 PM
You haven't been addicted until you have wireless broadband at 1.4 Mbps. Anywhere that I am during my day. Its the new crack!

bigalerickson
04-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Enjoy a beautiful day Sid (or hope you did, pending on when you read this).

SpiderMan
04-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Bill,

They both play often at my home room, we had lunch together at the Southern Kitchen weekend before last and watched the golf tournament. I'm no great fan of golf, but you can't tear Dick away from the TV when it's on.

I won't be at CJs, I'm in 'Vegas for the APA singles tournament that weekend. If I entered I'd just get my butt kicked anyway, I don't play 9-ball worth a flip.

Email me privately, maybe we can get together and shoot sometime.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: BillPorter:</font><hr> Ken, Yep, I'll be at CJ's on the 4th and 5th. I'm thinking of entering the tournament as a lark even though I'm just a C+ or B- player. Might be fun. Maybe we (and any other Dallas area CCB people) could have dinner Saturday? BTW, I have two old pool-player friends in Dallas, Dick Lane and Mike Haines. Have you run into either of them yet? <hr></blockquote>

SPetty
04-25-2002, 03:34 PM
Happy Birthday, Sid!

04-25-2002, 03:41 PM
It's nice to have a dream. Dream on. We all have the same dream Kenny. Greg (Happy that Ken includes me in his little escapade)

Rod
04-25-2002, 03:55 PM
So what are you trying to say, no deal. I was really looking forward to this. I have to unpack my luggage now/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif
woe is me /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Thanks Bill, I've got almost week yet to go though. Don't chill the beer quite just yet. ;-) sid

rackmup
04-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Post deleted by rackmup

04-26-2002, 03:13 AM
Just reading your posts always makes me regular.

SpiderMan
04-26-2002, 08:20 AM
Good thing I'll be in 'Vegas, as you just described me well enough that I'd feel in danger of being slimed by some of the brits you've been antagonizing over on PlayPool.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> I don't recognize the names but that shouldn't surprise anyone that knows me...I forget names easily (never a face.)

I'll be at CJ's on Saturday...look me up...Jeans, black shirt, short dark hair and a goatee. I probably just described 2/3 of the 64 player field.

Regards,

Ken <hr></blockquote>

04-26-2002, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Post deleted by rackmup <hr></blockquote>

"My apologies to the wonderful members of the CCB
This message is to the "regulars" of the CCB. It doesn't apply to the inflammatory "anonymous" posters".

Personally he said nothing inflammatory and even identified himself.He just asked if he was included and you told him ... No?

"If I offended anyone, I humbly apologize. If the content of any of my musings were offensive, again, I apologize. I don't want a beef with anyone here. Ever.I did tease "Patrick" and "Bernie" but ... Those days are over. In retrospect, I was out of line ..."

How quickly one 'forgets'